My thighs touch and I like it!

Options
skinimin
skinimin Posts: 252 Member
I've never really understood the whole thing about girls wanting a "thigh gap" and then, after some recent weight gain, I noticed that my thighs touch and, um... I think it looks kind of sexy :embarassed:

There's just something about the thigh touch that makes thighs look full and voluptuous. And if we're being logical here (which I totally am) thighs need to be a decent size because have big hands and need something substantial to hold on to during intimate moments :blushing:

Maybe there are a lot of people who would disagree with me but at the very least it's nice to be liking something about weight gain rather than feeling huge disappointments.

Replies

• veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've heard it just has to do with your bone structure. Girls with wide pelvic bones tend to have the gap more naturally.
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it so much, since I don't have the body type that will have a gap (and thats okay) the only thing that annoys my about it is that I go through jeans from the leg rubbing like crazy. I don't even buy expensive jeans anymore since in 6-8 months they will we so warn down. I agree it looks sexy (if you have the right body frame)
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Even at a size 4 I didn't have a thigh gap. Body type I guess, never really thought about it.
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment about wearing through jeans-I don't mind the way my thighs look at all, but I wear a hole in my jeans right in the inner thigh area because of them rubbing together. Also, I'm trying to get into running, but if I don't wear spandex that comes down to my knees-chaffing:noway: I don't want a big gap, but firmer, toned thighs would go a long way for me lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and even when I was a too skinny 102 pounds, my thighs touched. They've touched since puberty. It wasn't until joining MFP that I learned a thigh gap was a "thing."

Now that I'm aware, I notice it... and I don't particularly like it. It's especially prominent in Victoria's Secrets photos, yet they all have massive cleavage due to the extreme padding in the bras.

At the risk of sounding like an old fuddy dud, I miss the old days of VS when the models had thighs that touched and boobs that didn't.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I touch thighs and very much like it!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I like that little bit of "chunk" at the very tip top of the inside of my thigh. I don't want it to ever go away :love:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

pick me up at 8
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

pick me up at 8

I got 9 then!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Errrmmm... I would die to have a thigh gap, just saying. I don't like running and having my fat between my leg clapping together like someone is cheering me on.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options

I don't think either are gross, touching or the gap, until it's the extreme. I'm going to bypass the fact that your comment is completely rude, and go straight to saying an extreme of either is unattractive to me. Many women, myself included, simply have wide hips and a natural thigh gap. Doesn't mean they're "too thin."

Oh my god! THIS!! I am 5'8" and MY thigh gap showed up when I got down to 190 lbs. Definitely not in the "too thin" category there since I was actually in the "obese" category. People are just made differently. Some are prone to it, some are not. It isnt like most people look at women walking down the street, stare down their crotch and make note of the gap between their legs........
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I just want muscular legs, don't give a damn about the gap.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

LOL.
    I knew it was coming!!

On another note- I like my curves- but have to agree about the rubbing jeans!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love this topic. It's a little better sugar is the devil and a little worse than showing too much skin on MFP.

:drinker:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    after some recent weight gain, I noticed that my thighs touch and, um... I think it looks kind of sexy :embarassed:

Congratulations. Liking your body and feeling comfortable in the way you look certainly is a success.

Obviously different people like different things but I do not think you are passing judgement on the way others look - just you like the way you look like in yourself.

Cool pants by the way.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Errrmmm... I would die to have a thigh gap, just saying. I don't like running and having my fat between my leg clapping together like someone is cheering me on.
    Build up your adductors.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    im on the fence...on some people it looks good on others..eh....me personally id love the gap so i can stop getting chub rub and running pants and on the other I want muscular legs....so im no use in this convo
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I hope I do get a thigh gap, but I probably wont I don't have much hips.
    I'm sick of wearing jeans out so quickly. The perk of losing weight, I will be out of them before they are worn out.
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Never have had a thigh gap and never will. LOL Even at my smallest a size 3 and 105lbs I still had curves (mainly a butt and thighs). The only thing I don't like is when running and they rub. :/
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I prefer it when someone else's thighs touch mine :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!