My thighs touch and I like it!

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    obsessing about how your body should look or doesn't look will just frustrate you. we are who we are and all we can do is be the best we can be..fat thighs,skinny thighs ,no butt,big chest,no chest...we are all unique and I refuse to look at anyones body and desire their look...I am me....all no butt,jiggly belly,extra chin me:wink:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Ew. Thigh gaps are gross. Emaciated gross.

Curves are sexy on women. When I see women who are so skinny that they have the thigh gap, I think- "She's too thin." When I see women who are FIT with curves I think, "Damn-- I want to look like THAT!"

There are a lot of women who are fit and healthy who have thigh gaps because their bone structure dictates it. How would you feel if I said, "when I see women with broad shoulders I think 'ew! they are like football players!'" Or any other bone-based comment? Would you call me a b|tch for it? Probably.

So, please think twice about calling someone gross for the body they were given, mmkay?

^^ THIS and we're all on this site to better our health and bodies- which ever way we are intending to do so. Many of us have been joked and ridiculed throughout life b/c of the way we look. The last thing we should do is bring down OTHER people for their bodies- especially since it MAY not be something they can control. This site is for people to be SUPPORTIVE - not to joke others. I personally don't welcome rude comments- so keep them to yourself!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I've never really understood the whole thing about girls wanting a "thigh gap" and then, after some recent weight gain, I noticed that my thighs touch and, um... I think it looks kind of sexy :embarassed:

There's just something about the thigh touch that makes thighs look full and voluptuous. And if we're being logical here (which I totally am) thighs need to be a decent size because have big hands and need something substantial to hold on to during intimate moments :blushing:

Maybe there are a lot of people who would disagree with me but at the very least it's nice to be liking something about weight gain rather than feeling huge disappointments.

I don't aim for a thigh gap. I figure when I'm at my ideal size, they will touch or they won't. I like both looks.

But go walk around Disneyworld for two days in 90-plus degrees and 95% humidity and tell me again how you like your thighs touching. :-)
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    It's really awesome that you like your thick thighs. I wish I was more like this. I hate mine and I hate that they always rub together.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Thigh gap?? What's that?? :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    At the risk of sounding like an old fuddy dud, I miss the old days of VS when the models had thighs that touched and boobs that didn't.

Some of the models' thighs do touch.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    For the first time (that I can recall) I have a gap when I stand naturally. I am so stinking excited!!!!...and I have very nicely shaped and muscled thighs and they work great for handles ;)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Ew. Thigh gaps are gross. Emaciated gross.

Wow. Judgemental much?

Lots of women have thigh gaps, and not just the "emaciated" ones. Woman at healthy weights have them too. As Veerichie stated, it's related to how wide set your hips are - it's called genetics. I didn't realize it was so disgusting to have thighs that don't touch :/

I've had a thigh gap my whole life. I'm at a healthy weight too. Just my .02 cents.
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    oh :( I have a thigh gap. does that mean i'm gross?
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Even when I weighed 100lbs I did not have a thigh gap, don't have the structure for it. What I have noticed though, is that since i've gained weight (i'm about 136 right now) they chafe, which i've never experienced before, I have to wear shorts under my skirts/dresses now to avoid that because it really hurts!! Plus, I wear out workout clothes and jeans like crazy!!! Hoping that if I drop back down to 120ish and build up my muscles it won't do that anymore, but i'm still probably not going to have a gap!
  • sabusby
    sabusby Posts: 78 Member
    Having both had a gap and not, I prefer the gap.To me, nothing to do with looks (because who cares, really) and all comfort.

I live in AZ and skirts/dresses are a staple of the wardrobe. Thighs rubbing together whilst wearing one = no bueno.
  • I don't mind it so much, since I don't have the body type that will have a gap (and thats okay) the only thing that annoys my about it is that I go through jeans from the leg rubbing like crazy. I don't even buy expensive jeans anymore since in 6-8 months they will we so warn down. I agree it looks sexy (if you have the right body frame)

I totally agree!! I rub holes in the thighs of my jeans and I HATE it!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    I remember being the fat kid in school and feeling like you were going to start a fire if you ran one more step. Not to mention the aformentioned chub rub stinging to the point you couldn't walk normally even if you put pants on. I am 174 and just now can see space between my legs when I stand straight. I am by no means emaciated, just has to do with my hip size. It is a serious accomplishment for me to have it because it is what I though was healthy looking (thighs not rubbing together) when I was so large. IMO
  • <<<<
    This guy just learned something EEWWWW today!!! TMI.... now can't un-learn it!!!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Some women have thigh gaps due to bone structure, some don't.
    Some women are are tall, some are short, due to genetics.
    Some women have curly hair and some women have straight hair.
    Some women have big boobs, some women have little boobs.

See my point here? Body structure and composition at "healthy" is different for everyone.

OP, It's cool that you can find things to love about weight gain :)
    Mine was my DD boobs... which have no left the building in favor of Cs.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Errrmmm... I would die to have a thigh gap, just saying. I don't like running and having my fat between my leg clapping together like someone is cheering me on.

u made me laugh out loud your too funny!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I, too, have a thigh gap...sometimes
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    I had never heard of a thigh gap before MFP
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    I touch thighs and very much like it!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. Perv. :tongue:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Thigh gaps are awesome because thighs rubbing together when you run or walk with shorts on sucks. So uncomfortable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!