It is Chick Fil A Day....Time for

Options

Replies

• BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

Alright makes sense looking at it that way.

Im all for equal rights for everyone but they have the best spicy chicken samwich.

Having never had said sandwich, I can't comment. I bet I'd like it. Can't support their 'Nah nah boo boo you can't get married' thing though.
  • NaomiDollar
    NaomiDollar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had their grilled chicken nuggets last night....YUMMMMY
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    12 pack of nuggets and fries for me, please
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options

ok, but would u agree that cities banning them is a very dangerous orweillian type deal?

It does seem a bit extreme to deny them the same rights that others ... ummmmm, ya.

Just my thoughts.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

ok, but would u agree that cities banning them is a very dangerous orweillian type deal?

What? Like denying part of the population something the rest of us take for granted?

the fact you and thousands of others connect the two together, litterally scares the *kitten* out of me. seriously.
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :( They make me sad. . . it could be b/c I'm a vegetarian or b/c I'm pro LGBT-marriage. . . :ohwell:
  • MissGraziano
    Options

Yep! They donate a lot of money to anti-gay companies and have done a lot of harm towards gay rights. That's why people boycott them, not because of their stance so much.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Trans-fat with a side of hate ... just what mama likes!
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    chicken breakfast burrito!! plus they have awesome coffee:D
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, do you mean cities banning Chick-Fil-A? I don't think they should ban it, people have the right to support whatever food chains, organizations or beliefs that they want.

You're free to do as you wish, that shouldn't be taken away.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    I support Chick Fil A. I ate there on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I figured i should skip today. i heard it was slammed. SF, Chicago, Boston.....ya'll will miss out.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Spicy Chicken Cool Wrap!!!!!!!!!!!! And SOUP!!!!!!!!! And a Oreo Milkshake!!!!!! Mmmmm! I'm so disappointed that the nearest Chick-Fil-A is 45 minutes away. :-(
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    :( They make me sad. . . it could be b/c I'm a vegetarian or b/c I'm pro LGBT-marriage. . . :ohwell:

I'm both too! :) I'm with you.
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I WISH WE HAD CHICK FIL A OVER HERE!!!
    I hear how great it is all the time, but i live in the PNW and we don't have it. :[
    This chicken lover is sad.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    time for garden chicken salad since i had waffle fries yesterday
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    When I had my gallbladder I loved their chicken nuggets. I won't go there now, cause i think LGBT marriage is a good thing.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's not right to be intolerant to people because of their sexual orientation. Life is tough enough as it is, so why make it more difficult for others? Sometimes I think the most homophobic people are repressed sexually...
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm I love their grilled chicken sandwich, carrot/raisin salad, diet lemonade
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Folks,

Just a note that this thread is likely to breach the "no political threads" guideline in very short order.

To prevent that, I would recommend picking up this topic in a group or in wall posts. If further reports come in, I'll have to lock the thread based on
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

Almost all threads on the topic of legislation of any kind, even proposed legislation, become a train-wreck in the public forums, so please steer away from political commentary related to this topic.

Oh, and do your best to be nice to each other, goes without saying.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.