It is Chick Fil A Day....Time for

Options

Replies

• rchiecuto
    rchiecuto Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    **** their chicken, it's all about the milkshakes!

i wish i could have one... :c
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I didn't hear abut this until like 90 minutes ago. . . the closest store is 37 miles away. I went there last week. . . didn't know there was going to be a Day. I would have waited.
  • barneybwilde
    Options
    Do
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

Alright makes sense looking at it that way.

Im all for equal rights for everyone but they have the best spicy chicken samwich.

I 100% agree. I'm pro homosexual marriages and equality. But I'm not about to turn down good food because they don't believe in what I believe in. It happens. Not everyone has the same stance on that stuff and it's not a big deal. It's not like Chick-fil-a actually says "btw, if we know you kissed someone of the same sex, we're gonna spit in your food and throw it in your face" and their employees are friendly to everyone, even outwardly gay people.

But omg I could go for a spicy chicken sandwich, no pickles!!
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.
    With unlimited money from corporations being allowed by the Surpeme Court to infect our politics and policy, the money you spend on that sandwich could end up lining the pockets of a politician who promotes the companies narrow agenda. That's why. Plus, you are making bigots richer which is not cool.
  • kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    They have free speech, I have money and I chose to spend it where I want to spend it. Not there, too many other good choices where they support things like houses for sick kids and their families or adoption of older kids.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

This.
    I still have not explained to the children why we won't be going to eat there. But a LOT of money they put towards groups I just do not believe it at all.

5 million dollars in between 2003 and 2010... more was spent on the Prop 8 campaigns by either side.... and CFA has a 5 billion dollar revenue last year.

While yes, it seems like I am defending them... in a way I am, even though I don't agree with their stance.... but then hey, I don't agree with many people's stance on either side on the topic of marriage... I am quite libertarian when it comes to this topic.... It really isn't that big of a donation compared to what other companies spend on the opposite side.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dudes --- chill

We were talking about chicken sandwiches! Original sandwich with no pickles, side salad and diet dr pepper

You may be the antichrist how dare you have it with no pickles!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?

Agreed. This SHOULD be a natural conclusion.

I am curious however, how many people look into where the profits of other businesses they frequent go.
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I personally love treating human beings like human beings more than I love waffle fries, but, to each their own. :flowerforyou:

Well said. me too.

Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We don't have Chick fil A in WA, but you all enjoy! Support free speech whether or not you like what's said!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Your threads are always the best.
    :noway: :yawn:
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have known..... I had a coupon for a "free" Spicy Chicken.... I already gave it away though..... I've never liked their food....and I work down the street from the original location.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I can only speak for myself. Dan Cathy (president of Chick-Fil-A) has a right to his opinion. He has a right to voice that opinion. I don't begrudge him that.

My issue with them as a company is that they actively support anti-gay legislation, so......while crying about HIS right to free speech, he's attempting to strip others of THEIR rights.

As such, I exercise MY right to not support a business that, in my opinion, perpetuates bigotry and discrimination. Nothing to do with being "butt hurt", just something I feel strongly about. I boycot many other businesses/charities whose values/practices I disagree with for many different reasons.
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

this!!!

plus if you boycott them you're honestly just hurting the individual franchise owners. Those are just people working, who may or may not share those same views
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't financially support places which will, in the end, donate my money to hate based organizations. This is an inevitability. Just look at Target.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For cities to ban anything that will create jobs (in this ecomony) is ridiculous. Chicago needs to worry about crime and girl on girl crime...not to bring in two hundred plus jobs....???? WOW....
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do

Haha, finally a little humor.

One is open close by here in the next month or so, exciting times!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Gotta love a bunch of bigots using a book written about their imaginary friend as a reason to hate strangers...yay

Love they neighbour...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    With all that said... I will be going to eat my chik-fil-a nuggets and go shop at JC Penney... then Target for some grocery shopping.. maybe I will buy some Oreos....
This discussion has been closed.