It is Chick Fil A Day....Time for

Options

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't have any here, but I totally agree with this
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    I really wonder how much either group is going to either help or hurt sales.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I'll take a #3 8pc with a Diet Dr. Pepper, 3 ketchups,a dn 2 bbq sauces. oh and here is the $6.05 for it! (I'm ashammed I know how much it cost!) hahaha

haha i get the same and call it the $6.18
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Someone needs to start investing in a Chick-on-Chick-Filet. I would eat there.:laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?
    Yes. And that's why they will never get my dime. That and we don't have them in my region and I'm a vegetarian. I kind of wish they were here and I was still eating meat just so I could not eat in their restaurant and have it mean something.

and that's fine... I don't really care where people eat, shop or play... or for what reasons... because those reasons are theirs and theirs alone... I tend to do so based on quality of product and customer service rather than social stances... simply because more often than not, social change is going to come from a voting booth... and when that happens, I am not swayed by propoganda by anyone... pro-this or that.... it makes little difference to me.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?
    Christian does not have to equal anti-gay. Thanks for assuming!
  • Montanarush
    Options
    only in America, would they politicize chicken. They have a right to be for or against, just like any one else, and their chicken is awesome!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You do realize that it isn't even more than 1% of their profits that go towards those organizations?

That's 1% too much. In the opinion of this consumer, of course.

If I had a means fo controlling where my tax dollars went I'd vote with my dollar in that arena as well.

Some of us follow our conscience (when it's not too inconvenient, anyway).
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Don't forget wal-mart....they are owned by Mormons, so if you have a problem with that, better boycott that too.

Redic.

I think you mean Marriott
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I personally love treating human beings like human beings more than I love waffle fries, but, to each their own. :flowerforyou:
    ^ this
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you had to do it...

my thoughts exactly!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A is just like any other company, except their views are more publically known. Does your dentist support gay marriage? Your mechanic? How about the guy cashing you out at the grocery store? All of those people take your money and donate part of it to their own particular views. Should we only purchase goods and services from people who share our exact beliefs? Should be discriminate against anyone who disagrees with us? Should we go even further and try to ban them out of our city? Why not just save time and partition our country into multiple regions and segregate everyone with people of their similar beliefs. Seriously. Are we degenerating to the point that we can only associate with people like ourselves? Can't we coexist with people of different beliefs? Gay rights is supposed to be about acceptance and freedom to be who you are. Trying to ban companies(and their wouldbe future employees) from cities because of their views is no different. You don't stop discrimination by discriminating back. It's ridiculous.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You are wrong. Nothing about politics has been discussed thus far. The fact that you think intolerance is a political issue is a bit scary actually.

Where do you think this "Chick Fil A Appreciation Day" BS came from? Mike Huckabee.
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    Don't forget wal-mart....they are owned by Mormons, so if you have a problem with that, better boycott that too.

Redic.

I think you mean Marriott

LOL.
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    Someone needs to start investing in a Chick-on-Chick-Filet. I would eat there.:laugh:

There's a HAPPY MEAL!!! Will they ask if I want a girl or boy toy?
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. ^---- best post of the day.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
    They publicly announced their disapproval of gay marriage. And midgets.

wtf midgets to.......dang it now i cant eat jesus chicken......
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options

Agreed. This SHOULD be a natural conclusion.

I am curious however, how many people look into where the profits of other businesses they frequent go.

YES YES YES a thousand times yes! Idk how or everyone was so shocked about this? Did people think they were going to support gay rights? And I'd be more than willing to bet that 99% of the people offended by chik-fil-a's decisions have NO CLUE about where the profits of other businesses go! Other businesses that they do support.

AGREED 100%!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
    They publicly announced their disapproval of gay marriage. And midgets.

But they don't refuse to serve them so what's the big deal?

Geesh, there are different forms of oppression. Just because they aren't lining people out back and shooting them doesn't mean they aren't doing harm.
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    You know, everyone has a right to express their opinions...first admentment right...duh. All this dilemma is basically saying is it is ok to express your opinion....as long as it agrees with what I believe. We all have friends we don't agree with on some things, do we stop being their friend?? NO. So if you like Chick Fila, go eat there! If you don't like it, well you're insane but to each their own. I mean seriously, how many other places do you go eat where the owner may feel the same way as Chick Fila's president and they just choose not to express it?!? I guess for some people, ignorance really is bliss. #JustSaying#
This discussion has been closed.