I think I need to be told I am fat

Options

Replies

• JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    Honestly, I like the way your body is proportioned.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you definitely dont look morbidly obese, and you might be obese (its hard to tell your body composition with clothes on) but yeah i would say you are overweight.

i dont know about needing to lose 50 pounds. try 30 pounds and see how you look and feel then

sorry but i can't believe all these people saying things like "i look fatter than you" or whatever. just because you look bigger than the OP doesnt really mean much in terms of whether or not she needs to lose weight :laugh:

just keeping it real. i was someone who people would say all the same kinds of crap too about not looking all that big, having muscle under the fat, blah blah blah. female friends can be supportive, BUT sometimes they will try to mix you up in their own delusions because if they say that you are fat and they are bigger than you, then what does that make them? OP if you know you're overweight then get to doing something about it.

make some fitness goals that'll help keep you motivated while you lose weight. you know what you need to do, you dont need to have a survey from strangers to tell you what needs to be done :wink:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think you look obese but not morbidly obese.
  • morganmay92
    Options
    can relate to this. When i got down to 145 my ex boyfriend said I was tiny. Well I'm 5'2" and have a rather small frame but I'm over weight -_- so I look wide! When he told me I was tiny I felt skinny...I wasnt even toned...yeah i thought I was so good looking lol
    I got conceited.
    But it soon wore away, its just confidence dear :) its a good thing trust me. It shows in the picture your body language and stuff. well you could say to yourself for five minutes a day repeat it. "I just need to improve my body just a little more to have the best body I will ever have!" well thatts my mind set right now lolol
  • zgochenour
    zgochenour Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Overweight, possibly on the border of obese, but honestly, you don't look that bad. Very manageable. So, get to work!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    While the outfit does fit you well, yes, you are overweight.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I weigh 170lbs and am 5'5. I wear size 7/8 jeans and was considered morbidly obese until the other day BUT I used to use that to justify my "big muscle" theory, which is partly true BUT after my trainer measured me with calipers she said that I could be solid muscle with 145ish pounds (<20% BF). Point is that the scale is not everything but you should always try to lean towards lowering your BF%.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    we're the same height, basically the same weight, roughly similar body shape, and i feel fat as hell. not sure if that helps, but i don't even like to be seen with myself in public. i can't wear my own clothes properly, and when I go to the bar sometimes i *gasp* have to buy my OWN drinks!!!!

no but seriously, I feel massively large and out of shape. technically, i'm pretty fit, but i don't look or feel it at all right now. friend me if you want...
  • stargazer008
    Options
    To be honest, you don't look 190 lbs at 5'3. I would expect you to be less, perhaps 160-170ish lbs! In no way are you morbidly obese. According to the BMI, you are obese but to me, you just look you could lose some lbs.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think was you REALLY want to hear, is that you look great and definitely not obese. Which okay...who doesn't want to hear that ?!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    No freaking way do you look morbidly obese!!! You look happy to me! But the real question that matters is are you happy with your body? If not that's when we accept it and start to make changes! BTW I'm 5'10" SW:194. CW:163 GW:??? I looked like a freaking hot mess at 190!!! So more power to ya girl!! Hide those lbs well!!
  • spongekitty
    spongekitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We're at the same place!

I'm 5'3 and 200, and when I look in the mirror, I feel great about myself! Especially when I have clothing on. It's not -so- hard to find something flattering, and we've got curves! The right shirt hides the fact that my stomach sticks out and my back isn't so flat. I feel great! And I certainly don't think about the weight i've got to lose.

I didn't really worry about it until I hit almost 210 and a double-chin started to form. That was when I couldn't be happy about my face in the mirror. I think you just need to remember that even if you don't feel bad now, that one ugly lump is just around the corner. Better to reverse the trend before you get too old and can't do it anymore!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Quick honest answer you look 20 pounds over weight not 50 I see some in the face and some in the middle. I'm an over weight 5 '10 male at 195 no way would I guess your weight is. 190.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You and I probably have the exact same measurements! I'm telling you, I have almost the exact same body shape as you (same height, almost same weight). But when I see pictures of myself I want to vomit. This picture of you, I think you look great! Isn't that funny? I think seeing pictures of ourselves we are a lot more critical. I know I'm considered Morbid Obese and that seems so frightening, but I don't see you as being Morbidly Obese... :ohwell:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You don't look morbidly obese but obviously overweight, borderline obese looking. I don't think anyone needs to say you look fat as you can get that horrified feeling when you see your picture yourself. You know you can do it, drop the 40-50 lbs, get healthy for yourself then you'll love your pictures. I cannot wait for that day myself.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Definitely not seeing morbidly obese!!
    The pic was taken at a bad angle so your face looks a bit off
    But your body ... you look good. I don't think you're even that much overweight!!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You are not morbidly obese, but I understand the situation. Beating yourself up doesn't help though. Try encouraging yourself to get healthier rather than badgering yourself for being a tub.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look moderately overweight at the ABSOLUTE worst. I've no idea how much muscle you have, but remember that muscle weighs more than fat. To be quite honest, I think you don't look bad at all.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You do not look obese.

I have the same problem with you.
    I always think I look so much smaller then I am - and then I see a picture or even a different mirror angle at a store and I don't think I look anything like that in my head.
  • lean4life2
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the honesty. I truly and honestly appreciate all of these responses.
    I look forward to working hard at avoiding the junk and continuing to run and work hard and posting some before,during and after photos in the future :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!