PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    i don't, lol

i'm constantly wound tight and i've just gotten used to it

That is very unhealthy.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to read (I've read over 10k pages so far this year!). And don't laugh, but sometimes I color when I'm really stressed out. Yes, I'm a 5 year old at heart :laugh:

i thought about doing the colouring thing ... and then felt guilty abut it! and took them out of my shopping basket !
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I LOVE to read (I've read over 10k pages so far this year!). And don't laugh, but sometimes I color when I'm really stressed out. Yes, I'm a 5 year old at heart :laugh:

Love love LOVE to read(: I own literally 200 books. Haha.
    But the coloring thing may work. If it's a color by number.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been taking extra time at the Y (YMCA) where I'm a member at. I get my run in, shower up, and then just chill with a cup of coffee and read for about a half hour. With a large family (4 children) it's important for me to pull away completely to get my time in ... not a lot, as I love being a dad, but it's refreshing :)

Additionally, I do like some TV/Video game time :) ... Chopped, Deadliest Catch, and the Office on the tube, as well as Skyrim, Final Fantasy, and lately Minecraft on the XBox :) ... usually I do this if my wife goes to bed early and the kids are down too ...
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Reading, cooking and photography all work for me to one degree or another.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My OH and I take the dog for walk around the woods after dinner for 60-90 mins most evenings. My favourite time of day. :smile:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Reading and jogging are pretty great relaxers for me. They seem to be the two things that I can focus on completely. With everything else I'm trying to do 5 or so things at once... Ah the joys of ADD!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    umm... haha :smokin:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I know I should meditate and contract and relax muscles in turn to get an overall 'floaty' feeling but ... I drink red wine.

It's less of a faff :D

Playing the guitar is also a winner but less viable during the night when all I really want to do is hit some powerchords ;)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Honestly? REALLY good sex.

And I'm talking REALLLLLLY good sex. I wanna get TURNED OUT. By the time I'm done, I'm just in a state of relaxed euphoria. Then I want a post-coital snack.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i turn off my cell phone, computer, tv, all electronics. and i just take a nap. then don't turn anything on the rest of the day and read a book or go for a walk. its amazing.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    The gym! Ear buds in and 100% focus, nothing in this world is more relaxing!
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options

yes! haha
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Honestly? REALLY good sex.

BEST way for sure!!
    Also, exercise helps me relieve stress. I'm not good at just doing nothing :(
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Read, watch a movie or a favorite TV show, snuggle with my cat, enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail, take a hot bath, bake something yummy, smoke trees :smokin:
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Long walk along the river, and time with the Pnut!!! Nothing better!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    A good book that you cant put down
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options

Mhmmmmm. :wink:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    i turn off my cell phone, computer, tv, all electronics. and i just take a nap. then don't turn anything on the rest of the day and read a book or go for a walk. its amazing.

That's a good idea, unplugging and disconnecting for awhile. I'm so freaking addicted to my smartphone. I'm going to try going unplugged for a long afternoon this weekend, taking a nap, then walking to one of the lakes near my apartment alone with my thoughts. I'm sure I'll love it.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Smoke a J, take a bath, watch a movie. House must be clean.