Anyone else excited about Mars?

Options
124»

Replies

• WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Good thing we got the whole budget balanced, economy cleaned up, unemployment under 5%, all the roads fixed, public education back in the top 3 throughout the world, the war on drugs won, teen pregnacy eliminated, AIDS cured, Cancer cured, whatever the hell Sarah palin is cured, New Orleans fully rebuilt, renewable energy mastered and deployed, and Social security saved so we have the billions of dollars in expendable cash to send a friggin go cart to another planet to find the same stuff I already discovered in my freezer, or for us New Englanders, everywhere we frigging look for 10 months out of the year.

***POST EDITED BY STAFF for violation of guideline number 17***
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • reaganblundell
    reaganblundell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here's a nice little video the mission team at NASA / JPL put together to explain the difficulties they're facing with landing Curiosity in a few days time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmWAyQxqqs
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Good thing we got the whole budget balanced, economy cleaned up, unemployment under 5%, all the roads fixed, public education back in the top 3 throughout the world, the war on drugs won, teen pregnacy eliminated, AIDS cured, Cancer cured, whatever the hell Sarah palin is cured, New Orleans fully rebuilt, renewable energy mastered and deployed, and Social security saved so we have the billions of dollars in expendable cash to send a friggin go cart to another planet to find the same **** I already discovered in my freezer, or for us New Englanders, everywhere we frigging look for 10 months out of the year.

So are you saying stall human progress until this material stuff is taken care of? There are other agencies for that. Hey! Curiosity may find that the "ice caps" on Mars holds the cure for cancer/aids/disease/etc.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm excited about trampoline in the Olympics on Friday and Saturday. I guess I'm geeky like that.

Cannot wait until pro football starts back up!

Two words... HOT MEN!!
    Omg are you serious? Is this the only thing that goes on in your brain? Who cares if we're exploring the freaking universe, I want to look at boyssss.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm excited about trampoline in the Olympics on Friday and Saturday. I guess I'm geeky like that.

Cannot wait until pro football starts back up!

Two words... HOT MEN!!
    Omg are you serious? Is this the only thing that goes on in your brain? Who cares if we're exploring the freaking universe, I want to look at boyssss.

Is the only thing that goes on in your brain is to judge about what goes on in other peoples brain? Why do you care if she prefers hot men over hot stars?

Also, remember. Santa is so jolly because he knows where all the naughty girls live
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Good thing we got the whole budget balanced, economy cleaned up, unemployment under 5%, all the roads fixed, public education back in the top 3 throughout the world, the war on drugs won, teen pregnacy eliminated, AIDS cured, Cancer cured, whatever the hell Sarah palin is cured, New Orleans fully rebuilt, renewable energy mastered and deployed, and Social security saved so we have the billions of dollars in expendable cash to send a friggin go cart to another planet to find the same **** I already discovered in my freezer, or for us New Englanders, everywhere we frigging look for 10 months out of the year.

So are you saying stall human progress until this material stuff is taken care of? There are other agencies for that. Hey! Curiosity may find that the "ice caps" on Mars holds the cure for cancer/aids/disease/etc.

Normally I say full speed ahead but with our country in financial dire straights I amoung many other things I would say repurpose our resources to correct our present enviroment before worrying about the big red rock in the sky
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Curiosity Rover is set to land on Mars on Sunday and we will finally know if there is actual water in the ice caps. I'm so geeked out! I've already cleared my schedule for Sunday to watch it live!

5:30am GMT Monday is pretty early for the landing, but may wake up for this anyway :-)
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    Mars is amazing! I love it whenever NASA releases new photos of the Martian dune formations. They are so beautiful!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    :noway: OMG! Great we just finished polluting the earth and made it our dumping ground now we want the universe also. Seriously where is the limit!

Scientists are generally pretty green. We'll leave the polluters here.

I beg to differ. Were it not for scientists and inventors we would live in harmony with our planet. We are hideously optimistic as a species and never look far enough into the future disasters we may cause.
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    Just what we need, another planet for mankind to royally f*** up ;-)
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Wish I had cable, but I didn't see the sense in paying 60 dollars when I'm not a big tv person.

Watch it online, like at http://events.slooh.com/ or NASA will probably have it as well.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    To the nearsighted people who don't think space is important: http://youtu.be/RQhNZENMG1o

We'll let Neil DeGrasse Tyson tell you why you're near sighted.