Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options

Replies

• RandiFTW
    RandiFTW Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At my biggest, I tried to get on a ride at Six Flags and was told to get off as the restraint didn't fit. I was mortified. That was always my biggest fear and it finally happened. I'm not going back to an amusement park until I hit my ultimate goal.
  • mstie4
    mstie4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was in Time Square (New York City) with a bunch a friends when a man walked up to me and said (in broken english) "You sin, sin?" I said "What?" He said "You sin, sin? I like big woman. I pay you and we sin, sin."
  • mistybkarma
    mistybkarma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too, "lose some weight fat a**". I didn't realize how bad I looked until then. I was turning around trying to figure out who he was looking for, and was so upset when I realized it was meant for me
  • neffesther
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

I think the OP was talking about your most embarrassing moment, not some *kitten*' in a car.

I had that happen and YES it is embarrassing....No matter where its coming from.

This is SO embarrassing! Had something similar happen a few weeks ago. It was one of the first days I was doing C25K so I already felt pretty bad about myself. Some jerk drove by and yelled, "You suck, b*itch!" I haven't walked outside since then. I stick to the treadmill indoors. :grumble:
  • liss125
    liss125 Posts: 77
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

I think the OP was talking about your most embarrassing moment, not some *kitten*' in a car.

I had that happen and YES it is embarrassing....No matter where its coming from.

This is SO embarrassing! Had something similar happen a few weeks ago. It was one of the first days I was doing C25K so I already felt pretty bad about myself. Some jerk drove by and yelled, "You suck, b*itch!" I haven't walked outside since then. I stick to the treadmill indoors. :grumble:

Even though there are very few people in my neighborhood who have any room to talk when it comes to weight, I still run with my music turned up too loud to hear anything. It is also a good way to avoid small talk with neighbors who can't see that I'm in survival mode :) Unfortunately, It's also a good way to get caught off guard by crazy, loose dogs. Don't let some turd derail your efforts. Some people are miserable and they can only find joy in making others feel that way as well.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have so many. High school sucked because of my weight.

In my senior year, we had to make a page in a scrapbook for my teacher. I went back a year later to see her and I looked through the scrapbook. Someone put a picture of a hippo in my page. It kills me to think that if I didn't go back that day, it would still be there for everyone to see for the past 3 years.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    As a child: School-clothes-shopping while in grade school (hard when you're chubby).

As an adult: Having someone else tell me I needed a girdle (and that person has a big weight issue himself).
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    my doctor thought i might have worms because of the strange marks on my stomach.
    she was a new doctor it was her first week.
    they were just my stretch marks.

How did she pass medical school???
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Convincing myself that flowy tops concealed everything and walking around like I was still 120... Most embarrassing moment being tagged in a picture by a friend my arms where huge face bloated body not so hott. Considering it was a male friend who is **** diesel he made me look like I ate donuts for a living. Deff my defining moment ever since I got off my *kitten* and I'm finally 30 lbs from my goal 10 lbs from my old weight . Next time I'm not gonna run away from the camera I'm gonna jump in front of it! ;)
  • bewhichwitch
    bewhichwitch Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I see alot of the same types of moments but believe me I know how much it hurts. I work at our local grocery store and have met many new people and also so many regulars that come in. There have been several older ladies that have asked me if I am expecting. I politely say that "no I am not". They ask "you are joking right?" I don't understand that. I know that I am around the age when most people have kids, but I am done. I have my two and don't feel like I need more. Wish people would think before they speak!! It does really hurt!
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I went to a very small high school that my mother also worked at. One day she asked me of I signed up for Jenny Craig because the school office fax machine kept getting faxes from them for me......
    I never signed up someone in school did it as a mean cruel prank.
  • oceancity
    Options
    I had to literally cut myself out of my favorite dress because it got stuck around my chest and I could not get it off no matter how hard I tried.
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    When my Broadcasting associate offered me a Kit-Kat bar because she thought I was pregnant, she did this twice.

"Oh, I thought you were pregnant,"

"Nope, I'm just fat,"

God, I hate her.

I was the only fat person there, go figure. :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I told someone what costume I was wearing for Halloween (a repeat from two years prior, when I was a few sizes smaller). They looked me over and said, "Are you sure you should do that? You've gotten a bit bigger since then."

Opened my eyes, that one did.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I told someone what costume I was wearing for Halloween (a repeat from two years prior, when I was a few sizes smaller). They looked me over and said, "Are you sure you should do that? You've gotten a bit bigger since then."

Opened my eyes, that one did.

I know the feeling I really wish people would stop telling other people they've put on weight and instead encourage them. What gets me even more is the people who see your on a diet like friends and family know that you've put on weight and then turn around and tell you idk why your going on a diet you look "fine" like um no I don't lol
  • meltraand
    Options
    My most embarrassing moment was when my co workers at a former job put pictures of Koolaid on my door and sent fat pictures via company email to everyone. I was so angry and hurt. I am at a different job now and so much less stress.
  • ShyannexParker
    ShyannexParker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once when I was three (seriously) my Aunt Robin told me she wasn't going to let me drink any soda because I needed to go on a diet.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    When I was telling my husband and 2 boys, that I just joined MFP. My oldest 13 said, why ? You just now realizing what we have known all along. ...that you are fat...'Wow' Of course he said he was joking but it was still a very hurtful eye opener.
  • oceancity
    Options
    Pants split up my crack when I was 10. Granted, I was letting kids jump on me and I would flip them over my shoulder, Aikido-style.

Oh, and then in 9th grade, I was 13, and my weightlifting coach came over to me, telling how impressed he was that I was able to dead-lift more than half of the BOYS.

Nothing like growing up a "husky" girl. :sad:

OH God, I know what you mean. I was 13 and could bench press 100 lbs and the football coach told me none of the boys on the football team could even do that. I mean, he meant it in a nice way, but gaaaah I was so embarrassed. Then he asked me if I knew a Raymond Porter and was like you remind me of him when he did track. I told him that Raymond Porter is my uncle, and he said OH well that explains your strength x____x I KNOW he meant it positively but I still feel like he meant I was built like a guy or something.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Sitting in an airline seat and desperately trying to reduce the size of my hips so the guy next to me wouldn't have to touch me. Of course, I failed. Poor guy. He was miserable the entire trip.

This was me on an 8 HOUR FLIGHT from England to the US. Poor dude didn't say a single word the entire time, and ran off the plane as soon as my behind was out of his way. That was actually the moment I decided to take this journey!