Replies

• Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This post is hilarious!!!!!
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have found taking away treats seems to work! Or making him work a little harder for them!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    He's immature and irresponsible, time for him to move on and stand on his own two feet
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Has he tried humping the dog yet?
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Oh god...my wife has found MFP forums...
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You know you made a lifetime commitment to this husband, right? It's going to be difficult to rehome him with these behavior problems. How would you feel if the next person to take him had to put him down?

I say work with him. You could get one that poops on the bed.

Actually, I only made that type of commitment to the cats, with the husband I left the "to death do us part" bit out. You do have a point about the replacement being worse though.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Is he humping guests you have over?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I think you have a classic problem with an "inside" pet. They get stressed when they are cooped up too much. Allow him to roam a little more freely, but make sure you lavish him with loving and affection when he is kept inside. Make sure that his wants are filled, and insure he has plenty of extra "treats."
    Also, please have him send me the money he owes me for this.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Ultimatum time!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I reinforce good behavior with treats. And by treats I mean delicious food and slutty behaviour.
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    How about obedience classes?
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow you made this just to mock me? I'm flattered.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There's this place in Detroit that will buy them from you for fighting...

the weaker ones might become bait for the stronger to practice on though...so consider yourself warned :huh:

He's already been trained to fight, but they don't want him back either, something about not needing as many troops as they did a few years ago.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Sounds too well behaved to have been a rescue.... did you contact the breeder? I dare ya....

HAHAHAHA
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do *not* contact the breeder. They are very territorial. Although they are likely aware of the issues you discuss, they will blame you for them.

I find that small rewards work best. Rewarding good behavior as opposed to punishing the bad is the best way to go.

I find husbands like beer, pizza, and cookies.

no sex?
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    Spray bottle?
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    "Obedience Lessons"... :bigsmile:

A fun activity you two can do together. Just keep reminding him you're in charge... :wink:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There's this place in Detroit that will buy them from you for fighting...

the weaker ones might become bait for the stronger to practice on though...so consider yourself warned :huh:

He's already been trained to fight, but they don't want him back either, something about not needing as many troops as they did a few years ago.
    Sounds like you're stuck with this one.

As long as he's not peeing on the carpet or chewing up your shoes, I think there's hope for him!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Sound-proof kennel.

Don't forget those air holes.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I reinforce good behavior with treats. And by treats I mean delicious food and slutty behaviour.

Would you consider also having a wife??