sick of being told you don't need to loose weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hello, I wanted to comment on this because I understand what your going through.. I have lost 122lbs and ever since I have known most of the people in my life I have been very heavy.. that is all people are used to..they are used to me eating terrible and not caring about myself.. about a few months go I have noticed alot of people asking me how much more I want to lose and I tell them and they say ohh you dont need to lose anymore dont lose to much you look great.. My goal when I started this was to get to a healthy body weight.. it can be annoying sometimes but I am not letting it get to me.. I am on this journey for me and me alone. I hope it gets easier for you ..you have one great!:flowerforyou:

Just had to say congrats on your weight loss.. Amazing!! Get to where you are satisfied.
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All the time - it's one of my biggest gripes!

I usually get it off family - they seem convinced that "healthy lifestyle" is synonymous with "eating disorder". But I feel like I may be to blame for that because of stupid crashing dieting in the past.

I also get it off co-workers, I think because I changed jobs a few months ago and none of them knew me when I was a lot bigger.

It's a political minefield, particularly if the person commenting is bigger than you. If you say "yes I do need to lose weight" then you're effectively insulting them! The response I usually give is that I didn't always look this way, so I need to watch what I eat so I don't get bigger. Or I say that I'm looking to get fitter, rather than thinner.

Of course, the most effective way is to never discuss your diet/healthy lifestyle/food choices with other people. Don't rub it in their faces. There's not many people who will be rude enough to comment on it if you don't bring it up first!