Do you like to work out?

Options
My Grand Daughter is spending the week with us and wanted to visit her Mom and Dad, After three nights of dropping her off at her house, while I went to work out for 2.5hrs, my Daughter-in -Law asked if I "liked" going to the gym. I didn't answer right away because I don't really "like" going to the gym. I 'Like" being healthy and looking better so I go to the gym. So do you "Like" to work out and why?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I can be a bit of a sloth getting around to it, but once I'm working out I love it.
  • PinkHippieGirl
    PinkHippieGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love it, and have since I was a kid. I like pushing myself, and I think it gives me more confidence. Of course, I have days where I don't want to though!
  • seaside77
    seaside77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The actual weight lifting process isn't as fun as the great feeling I get after those amazing happy hormones kick in. I do enjoy a good run/hike in the hills, though- Nice quiet time where I get a lot of creative thinking done.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Ever since I discovered weight lifting I enjoy it. I enjoy especially the feeling you get afterwards and then the results that come with time.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I. Hate. Every. Minute. Nothing enjoyable about pain and sweat. not for me.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm an endorphin addict. I love going to the gym.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I hate thinking about it, I hate having to go but once I'm there I really like it and push myself to do more.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm tough one. I'll say that before the workout I'm kind of thinking, "ugh again?" during the workout its more like, "I can do this, not so bad" and afterward its, "Oh man I feel sooooooo much better, I'm soooo glad I didn't punk out on myself!". :drinker:
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with it. :ohwell:
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I try to vary my workouts so I don't get bored. I kayak, walk, play tennis, work out at the gym with various cardio machines, take yoga and zumba classes. :tongue: The most I can miss is 2 days in a row and then I start to feel fatigued, crabby, etc. Your body actually craves to move so do what you love and if you miss a day or two, don't beat yourself up---get back to it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Love it !!!! but considering 37 months ago I could barely stand for 20 seconds and used a computer chair to roll myself from my recliner to the kitchen and bathroom...... Yeah being able to do what i do now with braces,knee injections, and pain pills.. Yep look forward to it every single day.... Best of Luck...
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hate doing it, I love how I feel afterwards. Working out and I have a complicated relationship.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It took me sometime, but now I'm addicted to working out! If I don't workout daily it drives me crazy!
    I prefer an early morning workout because it makes may day go by so much better!
    Get addicted its a good reason to be hooked!
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love to work out, I love to sweat. Although sometimes it takes some encouragement to get me started, I love the way I feel when I'm done.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I love working out. My workouts are challenging and my fitness levels are increasing daily. I never spend more than 60 minutes in the gym at a time.. that 60 minutes is just super intense. I was an athlete all through high school and college and I feel like I am more in shape now than I ever was then.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say (and I never thought these words would everrrr come out of my mouth), I do love to work out....love the "burn" while working out, & love the feeling of accomplishment afterwards :smile:
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    i think the thought of it is sometimes like arrrrrgh I cant be bothered!!!! and I would rather go home and curl into a ball and sleep after a 10 hour day at work then go and burn my legs.... but when I put my running shoes on and im 30 mins into my run, sweating, heart ponding, lungs blowing, musice pumping, endophines flowing... I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I love the feeling after a workout... im addicted to working out ...I just hate the thought of it at times as feel lazy but always love it when im doing it and love it after when im stuffed!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love doing cardio, I have to push myself to do weights.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love it all....It's my release.....there are days I don't want to do it but overall I can't get enough.
  • CynthiaMayela
    Options
    I hate to sweat, I hate the pain on my hamstrings every time I have to jump :mad: