Do you like to work out?

Options

Replies

• billieocean2
    billieocean2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm tough one. I'll say that before the workout I'm kind of thinking, "ugh again?" during the workout its more like, "I can do this, not so bad" and afterward its, "Oh man I feel sooooooo much better, I'm soooo glad I didn't punk out on myself!". :drinker:

^^This^^
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i hate thinking about it, but once I start, I enjoy it. AND I feel so much better!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I. Hate. Every. Minute. Nothing enjoyable about pain and sweat. not for me.

QFT.

So why do I keep walking and getting coated in stinky sweat? Best explanation I have is I'm bored and eating while bored is my big No-No.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I'd have to say I like what it does for me - the weight loss, strengthening, increased energy - but can only really enjoy a workout if it's something I don't think of AS a workout. Like dancing with friends or walking my dog through the forest.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    I love running. However, I can do without the weights. I find it extremely boring, but I do it because I know I need to.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like to work out if its something fun.

I don't like running or lifting weights, both of those are pretty miserable to me. But I run because I'm hoping I'll "become a runner" since my access to a swimming pool isn't really existent year round, and I lift weights because I LOVE the way it makes my body look and the results I will hopefully see. I also hate being sore the next day and not being able to move, but I like the fact that it means my body is changing for the better

So no, I don't like working out, I like how my body looks because I work out.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    love,hate,love relationship
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I enjoy lifting weights, and I loathe cardio. I force myself to go through some cardio with every workout, but I need more.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    yes in general I do like to work out. Not always do I feel like doing it but I like the results I've had with weight loss and when I am done I feel great.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I did not like to work out. In fact, I dreaded it. Now, I can tell a difference when I haven't and definitely see that my mood is better when I have. I have found routines that I love doing and am addicted to the activities that I am doing.
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Hmmmm tough one. I'll say that before the workout I'm kind of thinking, "ugh again?" during the workout its more like, "I can do this, not so bad" and afterward its, "Oh man I feel sooooooo much better, I'm soooo glad I didn't punk out on myself!". :drinker:

This is me!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I can be a bit of a sloth getting around to it, but once I'm working out I love it.

^^ YES! I drag my feet because I know it's gonna hurt but DAMN I feel good afterwards!
  • harrisaman
    Options
    OMG....I so wish I could be a gym rat! I hate every single minute of it!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I like endorphins and food ... Therefore yes I like working out because it makes me happy and I can eat more peanut butter. :)
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    I love running. However, I can do without the weights. I find it extremely boring, but I do it because I know I need to.

This is me too. I'm always happy when I'm running. I'm trying to learn to love lifting, and I hope that when I develop some more confidence with lifting I'll start to enjoy it more.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I've really grown to love working out. It's my zone out time. I enjoy pushing myself, and the exhaustion after is an odd sort of peaceful relaxation.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I like sports and weightlifting. I don't like cardio for the sake of cardio alone (like on a machine) but when I was doing it I felt really good after! So even that wasn't horrible :)
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I choose exercise. I pick the ones I enjoy the most and then yes, I look forward to it. The trick is liking what you do. :smile:
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My Grand Daughter is spending the week with us and wanted to visit her Mom and Dad, After three nights of dropping her off at her house, while I went to work out for 2.5hrs, my Daughter-in -Law asked if I "liked" going to the gym. I didn't answer right away because I don't really "like" going to the gym. I 'Like" being healthy and looking better so I go to the gym. So do you "Like" to work out and why?

I love, love, love working out....no other feeling compares to finishing a heavy set and contemplating how your body is being sculpted..I also love the opportunity of being alone with time for creativity I had more ideas for my business while working out that any other place.