Do you like to work out?

Options

Replies

• iaemmy
    iaemmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I never set out to be a gym rat, but I guess I've turned into one. I get twitchy when obligations mess with my usual gym schedule and certain classes I attend. Sometimes I find that I just don't have enough days in my week to fit in the various classes I want to do and still balance other parts of my life. I like Zumba so much I've become an instructor, so now I have to balance my time between teaching that AND taking my other classes like Body Pump and yoga.
  • harrisaman
    Options
    When I first started, I did not like to work out. In fact, I dreaded it. Now, I can tell a difference when I haven't and definitely see that my mood is better when I have. I have found routines that I love doing and am addicted to the activities that I am doing.

I want to be you!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    After three nights of dropping her off at her house, while I went to work out for 2.5hrs, my Daughter-in -Law asked if I "liked" going to the gym.

Do you work out for 2.5hrs? .... and everyday?

I now enjoy going to the gym, and I've made it into a habit. It took me a fair while to get to this point though.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to workout most of the time. There are days when I'm not in the mood or my body is sluggish. But I feel so much better afterwards,as long as I change my routine and I don't get bored. Helps me with stress. :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I don't particularly find it something I want to do just because and some of the exercises on my agenda some days really make me groan (both in lack of anticipation and in physical pain) but I can't say I ever feel bad about going once I'm done.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't mind exercising, but that doesn't mean I'm jumping up and saying I'm going to go spend the whole afternoon at the gym. Now, if it were cooler outside right now, you would see me running as much as possible. I love to run when it's 65 and cooler outside. I'd run in the snow over the blazing heat any day.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I love working out!... Now lol. It took several years of being half committed to the gym, but over the last 10 months or so I've really gotten into it. Sometimes it can be a bit tough to get out the door, but I love it once I start moving :)

You just have to find what works for you. I found high intensity workouts are what I love. I go to a bootcamp at a local MMA gym, and I do a kick boxing cardio class (that I adore).

Try lots of different activities and classes that are available at your gym. TRX is awesome too. You will find something that you love to do, and it will motivate you to get your butt to the gym :happy:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Yes. I would spend twice as much time every week lifting as I do already if my life allowed. Instead, I'm always searching for ways to cram the most effective series of exercises into each session.
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Oddly enough... yesterday morning I went to the gym 5:30am (my usual time before the man has to go to work) and I put in my 30 min on the treadmill and left... then last night I got the weirdest craving for the gym and actually went back to the gym at like almost 10pm (24 hr gym) and put in another 20 min on the treadmill knowing I couldn't go this morning. LOL First time that's ever happened. Tomorrow I am swimming....but come Monday at 5:30am I will be waking back up to go hit the gym.
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I HATE IT! But I know that without it I would be fatter than a blimp and on my death-bed!
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to the endorphin release, I swear! I love working out in the gym and running on trails.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. God. I LOVE working out. LOVE IT!!! There is nothing on this earth quite like getting on my bike and going riding. Just me, my machine, and God's Green Earth for hours on end. Or going for a run and having that same feeling. Or that sense of accomplishment that comes from the hard workouts, like intervals. Even weight training has its fun. And don't get me started on race day... RACE DAY!!! Oh jeez. Race day...

Oh yeah. I love me some working out.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i love it!!! i especially love lifting and anything involving weight, strength and resistance training the tougher the workout the better. i even like those HIIT and tabata style workouts where you go all out, recover then repeat it.

the only workouts i tend to hate are cardio.
  • shariinprogress
    shariinprogress Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love that every time I work out I get better, stronger, and my endurance increases. And I love the results. I have a great trainer and a great friend that helps motivate me. Sometimes it's hard to get out of bed for that 6 AM workout, but I'm always glad after my feet hit the floor.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I absolutely HATE cardio still...love the feeling when I am done...but the actual workout...HATE!!!! I do LOVE weight lifting days!
  • blondie60613
    Options
    If you hate it that much you are doing the wrong kind of exercise. I always enjoyed working out with a trainer, working out with weights or calisthenics. I also liked biking or swimming because you don't sweat (I hate sweating!). I also liked taking classes at my gym - pilates, yoga, strength training. It can also be fun to experiment with different activities - tennis, rollerblade, handball, hiking, rowing, kayaking, etc.

I hate running or anything else monotonous so I don't subject myself to that form of exercise. Bottom line is if you are really loathing it, it sounds like you need to mix it up and find something that is somewhat enjoyable. It sounds like you are already enjoying the benefits of working out - you like the way you feel afterwards. Find something you like doing and you might actually find yourself liking to work out. Good luck!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I feel weird now when I go a few days without! Variety is key for me or I get bored quickly :)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy it! I love that feeling of strength and power I get when I have a really awesome run or lifting session and I love the tangible results that come from it. It's a no-lose situation! I have to say, it DID take me a while before I figured out what worked for me, and before that I hated it but did it because I was "supposed" to. Those days, I had to drag myself to the gym. Now I have no problem getting up at 6 for a run!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love working out!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Not while I'm doing it. After, yes.