Weights Bad??

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
So I lifted weights yesterday and today I was 5 lbs. up. I am trying to lose weight not gain it........Maybe weight training just isn't for me. Should I go back to just doing cardio? I gave it a shot but it doesn't seem to be working out.

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Question? Did you lick the sweat off your body after lifting?
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You clearly put on 5 pounds of muscle (or more, if you burned fat!). Just don't overdo it, or you'll look like Ronnie Coleman in about two months.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Only women should lift weights... us guys need to stick to cardio and zumba!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Question? Did you lick the sweat off your body after lifting?

no......Am I doing it wrong?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

You'll get really tone. Lots of reps.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    You clearly put on 5 pounds of muscle (or more, if you burned fat!). Just don't overdo it, or you'll look like Ronnie Coleman in about two months.

whew. That makes me feel better. Thanks....
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    You are doing it wrong, so wrong.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Weights good :)

You might gain a little weight, but will loose fat, and be able to keep fat off better.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

What about Tae-Bo?
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

LOL.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

This...TC check out your measurements...how do your clothes feel?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You need Pilates, Yoga, and Zumba. Stick with weights that come in pastel colors as anything else will lead to turning into the Incredible Hulk within a week's time. In fact you should be careful how you step when you're wearing a backpack because you don't want to do anything resembling a weighted lunge or your thighs will burst through your shorts.
  • Carolinagirlo76
    Carolinagirlo76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've gained weight as well, but I've lost so many inches and pant sizes that I'd rather have inches gone and be building muscles than care what the scale says. Since I've started doing CrossFit I have lost "only" about 7 lbs, but I've gone down 2 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes, not to mention I feel healthier and my endurance is definitely going up.

My advice: do yourself a favor, lose the scale and work your *kitten* off. You'll see the results in the mirror and in your clothing. Good luck!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    eat some ice cream.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great thread! :laugh:
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    So far we're up to 2 people who seem to have taken this post seriously... :happy:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Its not a problem til you gain 10 lbs.

Also - dont drink water, it'll bond with your fat cells and make your extra weight stay longer.

Plus you're a guy, you have mostly type 2 muscle fibers anyway- so you should only do cardio. Your muscles are already there naturally.

Also - whatever you do, dont eat any protein.

hth
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

um, not to sound mean but you cannot put on 5lbs of muscle in one day.

and same goes for fat.

perhaps you just needed to poop.

ooooooooooooooooooo it was a joke. lol *whew* I'm slow ahaha perhaps i shoulda read the comments first lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You need Pilates, Yoga, and Zumba. Stick with weights that come in pastel colors as anything else will lead to turning into the Incredible Hulk within a week's time. In fact you should be careful how you step when you're wearing a backpack because you don't want to do anything resembling a weighted lunge or your thighs will burst through your shorts.

^ this. Exactly.
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    Make that 3 people.