Weights Bad??

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Please stop with these senseless posts. There is a bunch that pop up every day and people that don't know it's a joke get misinformed.

Wait . . . you're doing it wrong. first you have to smile, then you're allowed to laugh . . . doing it the other way just looks weird.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

You'll get really tone. Lots of reps.

What about Tae-Bo?

No, that's usually just for the women.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    You need Pilates, Yoga, and Zumba. Stick with weights that come in pastel colors as anything else will lead to turning into the Incredible Hulk within a week's time. In fact you should be careful how you step when you're wearing a backpack because you don't want to do anything resembling a weighted lunge or your thighs will burst through your shorts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I know this is a joke, but as a woman who lifts her *kitten* off on the regular, I take issue with it. :mad:

This is what women who lift heavy REALLY look like...

tumblr_m1y2dwuESM1qak28ho1_400.jpg

I disagree. This is not what a woman really looks like that lifts heavy. Find ONE woman on MFP who lifts heavy and gets her hair and make up professionally done before going to the gym! LOL
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Also - dont drink water, it'll bond with your fat cells and make your extra weight stay longer.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    So I lifted weights yesterday and today I was 5 lbs. up. I am trying to lose weight not gain it........Maybe weight training just isn't for me. Should I go back to just doing cardio? I gave it a shot but it doesn't seem to be working out.

I would suggest that if you gained 5 pounds over night there is another issue. When a person is trying to lose weight, they need to do light weight with a lot of reps to tone the muscles, not get themselves ready to power lift in the Olympics.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I know this is a joke, but as a woman who lifts her *kitten* off on the regular, I take issue with it. :mad:

This is what women who lift heavy REALLY look like...

tumblr_m1y2dwuESM1qak28ho1_400.jpg

I disagree. This is not what a woman really looks like that lifts heavy. Find ONE woman on MFP who lifts heavy and gets her hair and make up professionally done before going to the gym! LOL

LOL I was going to say--This is NOT what I look like when I lift. I must be doing something wrong. :tongue:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    This thread is a must-read. Now I have it all straight. Thanks, guys!:tongue:
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    Great round of Friday threads so far.... I'm dying over here:laugh:
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    this thread made my morning.
  • mathiasg
    mathiasg Posts: 32
    Options
    If you do not speed walk at the mall, the lbs are simply not going to come off. It is not rocket science, man.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It'll be gone in no time if you drink these shakes, and only these shakes, for every single meal. PM me for the link, it'll only cost you $4,567.82 a month. Oh, and don't forget to check your pee, that's where all the fat comes out.

LOL! :laugh:
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvi850AHHB1r5qrimo1_500.gif
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Well this has been a fantastic Friday. Productivity 0 - 1 MFP
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Dude! You must have lifted like 900 pounds! It's simple! You gained muscle beefcakes!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting on the elliptical for about... 2 hours minimum a day I'd say? And DON'T eat back your exercise calories, whatever you do, or you're just reversing all the work you did. Weights are ok, but only if they are under 5 lbs and you are using them with a Jillian Michaels DVD.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    geesh :laugh:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

LMAO
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If you do not speed walk at the mall, the lbs are simply not going to come off. It is not rocket science, man.

speed walking at the mall sounds really dangerous,
    can women do that too?
    or we should stick to zumba?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Please stop with these senseless posts. There is a bunch that pop up every day and people that don't know it's a joke get misinformed.

awww party pooper :frown: :frown: :frown: