Deleting unmotivating MFP friends

Options

Replies

• Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I don't really delete anyone unless they deactivate their account. I'm super active and involved sometimes and MIA at others. I don't mind if other people are the same way. A few people have deleted me and that's fine. If how I choose to participate or not on MFP is detracted from somebody's goals or whatever, then please delete away. =)
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    yup 2 months is my cutoff....they will re-add you if you were of any use to them if they ever return is how I see it. I want the most supportive friends that are here daily on my friends list.....I do my best to encourage/advise/support my friends, and I would love the same back:)
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    i haven't deleted my sister, best friend, or fiancé, because i keep hoping they'll come back :) other than that, all the people i've friended have been very active. i have deleted a few people who A) spam my feed constantly with their latest weight loss product/personal website, because i didn't come here for ads, or B) eat way less than 1200 calories a day and swear it's healthy, because i don't need the ED triggers.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've had several people become active again after having struggles for months, so I don't delete anyone I have had active conversations with, even if they go quiet for a few months. If they're having trouble, I'd rather be there for them when they come back.
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever deleted anyone
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I won't even lie I've only been on MFP sinve mid-May & I delete once you hit 10 days of no activity. Call it mean or whatever you want to call it but I really don't see a reason to keep you around if you aren't coming on to log. I found this site to be very motivating & people have said that I help motivate them as well, so if you aren't logging in there no motivation at all.....just my opinion.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I delete after one month. I think after one month, you've lost interest in being on here...

Same. I check their profile before deleting, just to check for "I'm on vacation" messages, and most who've been inactive a month haven't really logged anything in about three months. Nothing showing on the food or exercise diary, no status updates or comments on posts or other people's profiles. That's someone who's lost interest in the site.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    oh yes - reminds me, time to go do that! LOL :smile:
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone.

On the other hand, I recently took a break from MFP because I just needed it. Now, the break was longer than I intended but this doesn't mean that I quit eating well most of the time. Yeah, I slipped up a little more without regular logging in but I was still eating healthy most days.

And, to top it off, I was doing a lot of very long bike rides in order to complete a 204-mile, 2-day bike ride in mid-July. Which I did. Yippeee!! So, it's not like absence here means that all people not posting aren't keeping up with a healthy lifestyle.

Anyway, I came back and found that a lot of people had deleted me. I was so happy to share my success on this long bike ride and had few people to share it with. Made me sad.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think you know very quickly whether someone is the kind of person that you'd get along with in real life or the kind of person who would annoy the h@ll out of you. In real life one of my colleagues ALWAYS talks about how she wants to lose weight but all she does it make excuses - I'm too tired to exercise, I'm sick, my friend was eating ice-cream so I had to eat some, I was in a rush so I ate McDonalds and every second day is a 'cheat day'... I just can't be around that, I can't offer support to someone who doesn't even try!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I delete after exact 1 month of inactivity. But when my friends show inactive for 3 days or a week or whatever, I message them. I do what I can.

To me, MFP is not a popularity contest, and I want to be helpful to all of my friends. I try to keep my friends list under 80, so I can give proper attention to everyone.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I wait two weeks. If you're not online for tat long, you're either on a ridiculously long vacation, are dead, or simply not putting in the effort.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with deleting people, I like friends who are inspiring & can make me laugh, & stay active, if you cant do that, then we just weren't meant to be Soul MFPeeps. "Its not you, its me.....okay, its obviously you"
  • Bry8432
    Bry8432 Posts: 37
    Options
    Gina

I'm actually having this problem right now. Half of my friends list is non-loggers so I
    'm deleting them now.

If anyone on here is dedicated and likes being supported please add me

Thanks
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted for being inactive I'm sure. I don't have a big friends list so I notice when I'm unfriended I guess. I think people should delete unmotivating people if they feel it will help with their goal.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wish you could delete fat as easy as pushing a button. :ohwell: (I don't have any friends to delete but if I did, and they were inactive for a month, I'd start deleting).
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I deleted my husband after 2 weeks of inactivity!
    lol!! I deleted my mother :tongue:
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted.. I don't have enough friends.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Do you delete MFP friends if they are inactive? If so, how long do you give them before you kick them to the curb? Personally, if they have not logged in in 2 months (which I think is very generous), I delete. Even if you are a real life friend of mine. I like when my board lights up with green active users that motivate and inspire me. I've been told that is mean of me (by a real life friend who I deleted). Well, tough. :)

Gina

I would... but I just can't seem to find the motivation.
  • jsygurl
    jsygurl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm just so glad for the friends who have stuck by me through the last couple of crappy weeks, seemingly happy to see me when I log on, and rooting for me. And I intend to pay that back.