Deleting unmotivating MFP friends

Options
12346»

Replies

• newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    2 months is very generous- and fair. deleting any time you want for any reason you want is also fine. I kept deleting ppl on fb - until I deleted myself! got sick of stupid ppl online that before FB I didnt know were so stupid.

If any message board, group, blog, social net work or even real life human is not giving you what you need/deserve then I say delete! Life is hard enough with all the negatives we face daily- do not bring more negative or allow more to stay in your life- not on some fly by night web site.

*not saying this web site isnt amazing or fly by night- I just mean- I might be addicted today and unable to remember the URL tomorrow- along with some of your friends who dropped out.
  • thintanhappy
    thintanhappy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    COMPLETELY WITH YOU! I feel bad sometimes, but I mean, when there's a notice that "so-and-so" hasn't logged for X amount of time it's just discouraging. Unless they've made a note that they're on vacation or something, I only give them a few weeks max... xx
  • ofey31
    ofey31 Posts: 15
    Options
    I completely agree. I deleted my husband after 2 weeks of inactivity!

Haha! That is hilarious! I did the same thing!!!

I usually delete people after a week of inactivity, or if they are starving themselves (1200 cal), or just plain rude.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm a rather chronic deleter, ((sorry)) , I delete inactive friends, though it doesn't happen that often....it's usually the un-interactive friends that I get rid of, I have a great friends list, but I like to keep it smallish and intense, so I don't keep the "friends" who just hang about, I don't collect friends, and I don't want to be collected. If you're not talking to me in some way, out you go!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I delete people who are unmotivated, give completely wrong advice, complain why they can't lose weight, meanwhile they won't exercise and are eating unhealthful foods.....don't exercise, and don't log in for more than a week. I am on this to maintain a healthy support system....I motivate people, and expect the same in return. I go through my list once a week and delete people that don't long on on a daily basis.

**On that note, feel free to add me! lol
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ive deleted before, but it is usually at least 2 months. People have things come up, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

I deleted another friend because of her pictures and posts. I think she was there to find men, not to lose weight. That is fine, except everyday was a different theme about sex, and her pictures followed the theme. For example..Friday was "Friday Boobday".. and her photo would change to her in a bra. It just got annoying after a while.

My bigger issue lately is people who are not healthy. I mean 450 calories a day? A piece of bread and a cherry tomato for dinner? I don't get it, and I can't support that. You might be under goal but you are killing yourself. I haven't deleted that yet, but I may start to soon.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I go through about once a month and delete those that have inactive in a month. We are here for motivation. I understand people will tend to fall off ( heck I used to be one of those people)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    After 2 months of them not logging, I put a note on their wall telling them I hope they are well and that if they come back to add me again. Then delete.
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just deleted someone who has too many friends. I want something more personal. I don't want tobe one of 900.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was just deleted and I totally understand why, but here's the thing: I am struggling and need support. So why would you turn your back on somwone when they are here for support? A quick message would be nice. I am trying to log and eat healthier, it is a struggle every day. And when my supporters leave, it makes it harder!!