Do you like or dislike wolf whistles?

Options
13»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    As an extremely ineffective way to woo a woman, it's perfect.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    My husband does it everytime I get out of the car.

It's kind of annoying.

When strangers do it, I wanna punch them.

I don't like it.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Don't like.
    Sometimes people honk when I'm out for a run. I'm like "OMG really? I'm sweaty and gross and I run like a muppet."
    It totally breaks my concentration too.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I hate it. It makes me feel awkward, so then I laugh awkwardly, and then it gets taken as a go ahead to talk to me, and then I can't say no because I'm awkward, and he somehow ends up with my phone number (because I'm awkward and can't find a polite way to say "please, you're horribly scary, go away") and then calls me at three in the morning ._.

I'd stop giving weirdos your number if I were you!
  • hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ah men are such romantic schemers....makes mah little heart go pitty pat......depending on the wolf that is doing the whistling!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Like. A man is welcome to whistle anytime. But don't circle the block for a second try, that is just creepy.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree that generally if its something like a wolf whistle, it's a little flattering while embarrassing, however I find many of the comments made degrading and downright threatening. I once had a large group of men walking behind me as I was walking to my house say something to the effect of "Oh yeah, shake it, pumpkin *kitten*" (I was wearing an orange skirt) and proceed to make comments of what they would like to "do to me" I quickly turned around and told them that their comments were not only rude, but threatening and speaking like this makes women feel scared and unsafe. They seemed totally befuddled, lol.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Well , it never happens to me so i cant say that i like it or not but, i think just a random car passing and doing that would bother me. Now on the other hand if some one gave me a really nice compliment or even a whistle in the right circumstance i think it would make my day. Even though i am happily married it wouldnt hurt my feelings to be told something nice by a stranger.

I often try to do this when i see someone ( male or female) who looks nice in a particular outfit or maybe even smells really good. It might be the thing that makes another persons day.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't stop for them, but I like them. *shrug* it's a nice feeling to know I look good.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It's flattering at times, but usually for me I get self conscious and end up with anxiety. Weird. It can get creepy when they round the block...one guy tried to offer me a ride home and though I said no, he kept trying to pursue. It can be scary.