Eating for Blood Type O Positive

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet

I'm thinking of using it to spot reduce, think that will work?
  • fayeriston
    fayeriston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • intoscrapping
    intoscrapping Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, bottom line, and if the guidelines of this philosophy get you there, then by all means, do it!

:)

Yes, for sure ... and all your information about the different races is quite intriguing ....
  • intoscrapping
    Options

Yah, I do not know ... that's why I made this post to see what has or hasn't worked for others. If you read through everyone's responses you'll hear positive and negative input. I think you just gotta try different things out to see what works for you. Good luck! :-)
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I've heard of this too and was told by a doctor that there is actually some merit to it. I'm also O-positive, if I'm not mistaken it says that that type should also NOT eat breakfast if you are trying to reduce weight, and that has been the story of my life, if I eat breakfast I will gain weight very fast. Even if the bfast is healthy. Go figure. I don't do that program though, I do the Paleo diet, which my hubby and i both love. The Paleo Solution book came out a while back and it was the first I'd ever heard of it, now there are lots of books about it, it's also called the Eat-Clean Diet (very similar to the Paleo diet) and at Costco just the other day I bought two cookbooks, Everyday Paleo and Paleo Comfort Foods. There are lots of Paleo recipe websites out there too. It is basically just eating meat/fish, veggies, fruits, nuts, coconut oil and avacados for fats, etc. It's actually quite good!!!!
  • intoscrapping
    Options

Yah, I don't know which is why I created this post. You could read through everyone's comments; there is positive and negative feedback. I think you should try different things out to see what works for you. Good luck! :-)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat according to their blood type? I am O Positive and have read that I should drink green tea instead of coffee. O Positivers are very acidic. But I will miss my coffee so! I have also read that I need to avoid dairy, carbs and gluten. Just wondering if anyone has any input on this ..... I have no health issues and take no medications.

i eat low carb and it works well for me. meat and veggies - yum!

i drink white tea instead of green.
  • intoscrapping
    Options
    I've heard of this too and was told by a doctor that there is actually some merit to it. I'm also O-positive, if I'm not mistaken it says that that type should also NOT eat breakfast if you are trying to reduce weight, and that has been the story of my life, if I eat breakfast I will gain weight very fast. Even if the bfast is healthy. Go figure. I don't do that program though, I do the Paleo diet, which my hubby and i both love. The Paleo Solution book came out a while back and it was the first I'd ever heard of it, now there are lots of books about it, it's also called the Eat-Clean Diet (very similar to the Paleo diet) and at Costco just the other day I bought two cookbooks, Everyday Paleo and Paleo Comfort Foods. There are lots of Paleo recipe websites out there too. It is basically just eating meat/fish, veggies, fruits, nuts, coconut oil and avacados for fats, etc. It's actually quite good!!!!

Wow, thanks for the info. I've been thinking about looking into the Paleo diet, too. But basically, yah, clean eating and a healthy lifestyle is what it's all about! :-)
  • intoscrapping
    Options
    So wouldn't there have to be some type of chemistry or science involved in all that?

No.

Will you have food intolerances or allergies? You could, but it's not based on your blood type.

Thanks! Good to know. :-)
  • intoscrapping
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm O+ and have been veggie for over 20 years. My bloodwork is always great (my weight loss demons are eating out, wine and portion sizes)

Sounds like bunkum to me.

Interesting! Thx for the input!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Yah, I do not know ... that's why I made this post to see what has or hasn't worked for others. If you read through everyone's responses you'll hear positive and negative input. I think you just gotta try different things out to see what works for you. Good luck! :-)

Mesmerism worked for some people in the 18th century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Mesmer)

As someone posted above, if it gets you to eat well and healthy, at least for that it is a good thing.
    But my issue is when these things are proposed as "science" which they clearly are not.

Good luck too! ;)
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Read this before:

http://www.juliedaniluk.com/health-tips/does-the-eat-right-for-your-blood-type-diet-really-work.html

Seems like the maker of the diet has a couple of errors.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat according to their blood type?

I'm type red, so .... I eat food.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat according to their blood type?

I'm type red, so .... I eat food.
    If you were to be type green would you eat human brains?
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    nope. then I'd be vulcan.
  • norcaligirl72
    norcaligirl72 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For me the blood type diet is awesome and so works with my body. The weight loss part I have to track my calories but as far as the foods that are the avoid list are things that make me feel horrible when I eat them. I have to have the vigorous exercise to get my metabolism up (yoga is nice but just doesn't change my body physically). My children have two different blood types and as babies and toddlers preferred the foods on the beneficial side (O meat eater and A vegetarian). Someone said something about Type O's not eating breakfast which is not true. To understand what it's about you gotta read the book. There is on line support too. I know for someone people it doesn't work but I have personally felt an improvement in how I feel. And we need to give up the word DIET... it's a lifestyle whether its about weight loss or health. I know that no matter how thin I am when I eat wheat/gluten and dairy I feel horrible so I changed my lifestyle.
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting. I went to my holistic doctor two weeks ago and found out that I am anemic again. I am type O+ and the naturopathic doctor in the group pulled out a book about eating healthy for specific blood types. It was the first I had heard of it, but she said I needed to get more beef in my diet, at least 3 to 4 times a week. Now mind you, I'm not talking about grain-fed, shot full of hormones and antibiotics beef that you'd get at the grocery store. That is horrible for you. I'm talking about natural, grass-fed organic beef. I appreciate the links given previously. I'll have to delve into this one.

erm... So when I was anemic and I went to my 'western' Dr. she said - eat more red meat and green leafy foods. Didn't need to look at my blood type or open a book about diets for blood types to know what good sources of iron where for me to eat in order to help restore red blood cells. This is common knowledge for anyone, regardless of blood type.
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I think that blood type influencing whether or not you should eat breakfast just sounds like quackery and over generalization. Not liking breakfast probably has more to do with your specific body (stomach acids, metabolism, etc.) than your blood type.

I am also O+. I have no problem eating breakfast and loosing weight.
  • remille1
    Options
    My body is very acidic and I found out I was a type o. I had tried being a vegetarian and vegan multiple times because I saw the movie "Earthlings" and felt awful about the slaughterhouses but always felt weak and malnourished until I ate meat. I definitely have more energy when I eat red meat and don't drink coffee on a daily basis. Too much caffeine actually caused me to have insomnia, fatigue, dehydration, irregular heart beats, etc. I got allergy tested because I thought I was lactose intolerant and had a gluten allergy because I had stomach problems. I wasn't allergic to them, but the blood type diet makes complete sense to me as everything it says seems to be dead on with how I feel. My stomach realllly doesn't do well with peanut butter either. My mom and sister are type B and they love bread and dairy and actually feel better when they eat it. My mom'a friend had stomach problems and headaches for many months and then found out she was allergic to meat. She was a type A! She now follows the blood type diet and feels so much better. I completely recommend giving it a try before judging it! :)
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So, we have people who are tracking calories, making healthy choices and they think it's a "blood type" diet?

:noway: