IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT MFP . . .

Options

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I would like to have my favorite foods/recent foods & recipes in alphabetical order

It takes me forever to find foods that i don't usually eat on a daily basis, but have at one time or another.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    App forum access, notifications, and a like button.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Make it easier to add photos
  • Woolooloo
    Options
    For both the website and the phone app, I should be able to type in a few letters of the food and it should show me a list of matching items that I have used previously. Sorting through the "frequent" and "recent" lists are a pain. If I want to eat eggs for dinner, I should be able to enter "egg" and it will show me the eggs and egg whites that I normally use when I eat breakfast. It would make the food tracking so much easier!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    NOT the "like" button. This would just start a whole system where people would mindlessly like your diaries and workouts. You need feedback about these kinds of things (and its ok to not comment if you're busy...)

I would like to see a notification system though. If you have more than 50 friends, you cannot keep track of what happened to your friends status you commented on and other stuff

And finally, I would love a voting system on users. So based on threads, you can downvote or vote up somebody if they're being helpful or just being a troll in usual. This system has been used alot and it helps people being helpful and also lets the general population know of the trolls/bas info givers
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    IT WOULD BE: _______________________________??

~ okay, so i know people will say "MFP is a FREE app, so quit bit%#ing!!" ~ i'm not dissing MFP ~ i love it ~ that's why i'm still here 180+ days later; AND

~ others will say "go to facebook!" and to them i would say "i'm already there, sweety, but they won't let me log my food and exercise!!" ;)

BUT, if i was ever asked to join in a brainstorming session on how to improve it, this would be my list:

(1) add a 'LIKE' button (or better yet something more original like a 'YOU ROCK' button or a 'YOU'RE KICKING YOUR OWN *kitten*!!' button) so that i can cheer on all my fellow mfp-ers on their motivational, inspirational and amazing progress;

(2) add the ability to attach a photo or link directly to our news feed so that our friends can see it without necessarily having to go to our individual profiles

(3) add some additional emoticons.

I honestly agree with you, great ideas:):) Thank you

WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO THE BRAINSTORMING SESSION??

(ps: this is just for fun! i <3 mfp and am not going anywhere!)
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Like the OP I think this is a great site, but no doubt it's going to change. Hopefully the suggestions made here will be taken on board, as even great sites can always be better. Anyway all good suggestions so far especially about deleting posts. About the only forum I know where you can't delete a post! I've thought of things previously but the only things that come to mind at the minute are
    1. More stickies for FAQ.
    2. More sub forums. For example I'd probably use the chat forums a bit more if it wasn't so full of threads like 'Rate the above poster for attractiveness'. Not saying there's anything wrong with those threads btw, but generally it feels more orientated towards teenagers and twentysomethings.
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Notifications!!!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I would request that the exercise log can be added to and then completed in the same way the food diary is. That way exercises can be added to during the day.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Access the boards on the Phone App!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Add a delete post, in case you write something REALLY stupid, and send it before reviewing it!! LOL

^^^Agree
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    A setting that either lets you count the exercise calories with food or does not count it with food
  • Mandylew
    Options
    RECIPES!!! For those days when you need suggestions and want something different!!
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Being able to access the forums through the phone app.

^^^^ This
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Being able to access the forums through the phone app.

Exactly this, so links from app could be opened in phone browser.
  • hillibee
    Options
    I love MFP and find it really easy to use. However, I agree that one or two tweaks would improve it.

Top of my list is the ability to weigh in stones and pounds for the Brits on here - I don't use kg and although it's easy to convert to pounds, it doesn't really mean anything to us.

I agree with being able to edit quantities in the recipe section without having to delete the item and to being able to add to exercise throughout the day.
  • Nyranee
    Nyranee Posts: 57
    Options
    Having a list with all food items I used so far not only resent or per meal ... I mean if I eat raspberries one day as AM snack it's likely that another day I eat them again but maybe after dinner ... I find it extremely tiring to search again and again generic raspberries in the database.

Also I find it absurd that if I search generic article such as egg that I have to scroll through all type of eggsalads and other food that might contain eggs till I finally reach egg, raw ... Generic raw food, fruit, chicken etc should always be the first option for people who actually need all incredients for a recipe instead of opening a branded ready meal.
  • Nyranee
    Nyranee Posts: 57
    Options
    I would request that the exercise log can be added to and then completed in the same way the food diary is. That way exercises can be added to during the day.

That is a smart suggestion as well.
  • BChamp1226
    Options
    I'd change the weight training, and make it more like a grid - so you can list reps at varying weights within a set all on one line.

But in general, I'm very happy.
  • aliceg94
    aliceg94 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It really annoys me when you change your calorie goal one day (e.g. make it lower) and it then makes it look like you've been over for all the other days. :grumble: I'd definitely change that :smile: