NSV - I QUIT!!

Options
124»

Replies

• mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!

Quiting smoking is so hard but it gets easier everyday. I quit 7 years ago and it is one of my best decisions I ever made. Your body is already thanking you!
  • histogal99
    histogal99 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Taking the first step and telling people that you quit helps. You get support and accountability. My husband and I quit last year on Valentine's Day (our present to each other). We put the money we would have spent on cigarettes into a separate account. Before long, I was able to treat myself to a nice Brahmin purse.

Unfortunately, we slipped and are struggling to get back on track. Like one person said, don't trick yourself into thinking that you can have only one......our downfall. Hope to be joining you soon as an ex-smoker.
  • msschmelv
    msschmelv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I quite 3 years ago this past March. I still sometimes still think about it, however I'm excited that I can call myself an X smoker!!! you will also get to this point! everyday not smoking is a great day for you.....
  • gabriellegabster
    Options
    Best gift you could have given anyone - including yourself! I quit and gave myself a Caribbean vacation as a gift with the money I saved and promised I could go again the following year if I was still not smoking. That was over 10 years (and 10 trips) ago. And the cost of smokes has gone up so much since then that I could probably go on 2 trips a year now. Good for you! It's also nice to no longer cough up a lung every day and smell like an ashtray...what was I thinking?
  • Jenada79
    Jenada79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just like you I started at 13 became a heavy smoker young and kept at it till I was 29. I never even quit for any length ot time like yourself. I always failed in a few days. The good news is I finally did succeed. I quit and it was four years since my last cigarette this June just gone. My friends and family all followed suit and none of us smoke anymore. We do not have to be outside in the cold winter puffing away or leave social events and bars to get one in. Its awesome and I do not miss it. It gets easier and easier knowing I am healthy and fit as a result, have way more money and am not giving away my money to pad some rich tobacco execs pocket. Well done on quitting to you, your mates and hubbie. Keep supporting each other through it as it can only get easier as you have everything to gain and nothing at all to lose.
  • Smak38
    Smak38 Posts: 8
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!