• minlyn22
    minlyn22 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I found a great site for lunchbox ideas:
    http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_YSuyb#!i=696914291&k=YxmUd

Also check out Pinterest ...visually seeing all your options is a fast and easy way to find a meal that appeals to you:
    http://pinterest.com/easylunchboxes/easy-lunch-box-lunches/

There are some great ideas in these links

Thanks for posting them!
  • taylor3176
    Options
    I agree! thank you for sharing.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Great websites. Thanks for posting.
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When you guys do yogurt that isn't the little individual kind, what kind do you use? I was thinking of mixing in my own granola or fruits or something... I'm just not sure it is worth it. May just as well use the premixed individual cups?? What do you think?

I use Greek yogurt and top it with fresh berries and granola (sometimes homemade, sometimes store-bought). I like this WAY better than the individual premixed cups. Keep the granola separate until time to eat it, or it will get soggy.
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later. i need to save money by not eating at the work cafeteria ... so these lunch ideas are gonna be great. I also HAVE to get me one of those lunch boxes. :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I find tupperware like that to be really limiting. Fruits and veggies, pb, yogurt, a sandwich, pre made meals, etc. can fit in there. I'm a teacher, too, so I get the time restriction. Most teachers I know invest in a private mini fridge (in addition to the one they put ice packs and juices and snacks in for their students) to keep in their classroom.... And it is WORTH every penny. You could prepare meals for your entire week, bring them in Monday morning early, load up your fridge, and be good to go. No cute tupperware necessary. Of course, cute tupperware doesn't hurt :flowerforyou:
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    Instead of bread, have you tried the Sandwich thins? or fat free flour tortillas? they make a great and fun alternative to bread. I don't care for carrot sticks either, but my favorite snack is cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. I peel the cucumbers completely a quarter and slice them along with the cherry tomatoes and maybe add a few leaves of mixed lettuce greens to snack on. Another great finger food is to buy the "shoots" of coleslaw mixed veggies already prepared in bags near the bagged salads at your grocery store. I like them this way as they are easier to chew and snackable for me.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

I love salad but I'm always looking for some ideas.
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to "cubby based adult lunches": http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/Littlelunches
    [/quote]

I looked up this website because I too have the lunch problem. She has some great ideas for lunch.

this was suppose to be a quote from a previous poster.
  • taylor3176
    Options
    where did you get your cubby lunch box?
  • CDPhipps
    CDPhipps Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like all these ideas!!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hummus is my favorite!! yumm!! I also like to have special k cereal (dry) handy so every time I need crunch something is always there for me!
    Have you tried mozzarella sticks? there's a kind individually wrapped, low moisture, and each has only 80cal....tried that on a whole wheat tortilla. I usually shred the cheese, put it on top of the tortilla, fold it, and to the oven for 1min......instant quesadilla! and only about 150cal!!....throw some grilled chicken....lunch!
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    I find tupperware like that to be really limiting. Fruits and veggies, pb, yogurt, a sandwich, pre made meals, etc. can fit in there. I'm a teacher, too, so I get the time restriction. Most teachers I know invest in a private mini fridge (in addition to the one they put ice packs and juices and snacks in for their students) to keep in their classroom.... And it is WORTH every penny. You could prepare meals for your entire week, bring them in Monday morning early, load up your fridge, and be good to go. No cute tupperware necessary. Of course, cute tupperware doesn't hurt :flowerforyou:

I would but our fire marshal would never let us do that. We have had teachers get in trouble for things like a mini fridge or a small personal heater (our building is always freezing!) Otherwise that would be very nice to have!
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    The lunch box came from Office Depot. But the brand has its own website at www.myfoodmovers.com
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i just make extra of whatever we have for dinner and take leftovers for lunch the next day
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Google "Bento ideas". Tons of tasty and pretty ideas
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I saw a similar compartmentalized lunchbox at Cost Plus World Market if anyone has one of those nearby!