Anyone who has reached the age 50 mark?

Options
124»

Replies

• thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It definitely can be done. I started my new healthy regime when I was 49.

I'm 54 now.

I've lost 71 pounds (63 before I joined MFP in January this year) and dropped from a uk size 22 to a uk size 12.

I'm living proof that it's slower at this age - but I'm fitter, heather, slimmer and people tell me I look 10 years younger. Oh, and last year I completed two marathons. This year, I've completed two marathons and 7 half marathons.

Please feel welcome to Friend me.
  • karenf289
    karenf289 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 46 and decided a year ago I had to lose weight for my varying reasons, mfp has been a real boost for me, and has worked.
    Age doesnt really matter, the time must be right for you and you will need bucket loads of sheer determination and willpower.
    Wish you lots of everything that one can, please feel free to add me to give encouragement and some menu ideas if ye wish.
    Good luck :smile:
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and proof we can lose it as well as younger folks. Suggestions: log everything that goes in your mouth, weigh and measure your food, exercise a lot , and find some active, supportive MFPers your age. My plan reads 1200 calories a day, but I exercise so much that I typically add another 1000 by exercising. I usually eat most of my exercise calories. Eat breakfast. Oatmeal fills me up nicely. I rarely eat out.

Best of luck!