an alternative country??

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Any American born here would of course be comfortable in the UK, Ireland, Canada, or Australia.
    The real question is, if you had to leave the US and couldn't go to any of those places, where would you go.

My grandparents were all born in Italy, so that is tempting. I also think I would be comfortable in Israel and believe it or not Japan, probably Brazil as well.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I want to live and study in London, the next year. Hopefully it will happen...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I have lived in Saudi Arabia (born there and lived there alot too). Lived in India, UAE, Pakistan, England, Italy and now live in US. Visited a bunch of others too.

Theres positive and negative in each country I have stayed at but for me it would be a tie between Saudi Arabia and US (I know, two extremely different places)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick, it would be Germany. I was stationed there in the Army, and they have some beautiful countryside. And lots of beer! ;)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm quite happy where I am =) Pretty happy with my beach side town, and bicycle. (Southern CA, USA)

If I HAD to move though, you'll find me in the UK somewhere.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    the french countryside.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options

No the worst place in america is BETTER than alot of countries

What I said still stands. Don't be so idiotic.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd love a second home in Ireland... But I'll stay here :)
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I might want to live in Lebanon! Gorgeous country, wish the, ahem, surrounding countries would just chill out and stop bothering Lebanon already.

And if anyone asks me if I want to wear a burka, I will just laugh. And then ask you to do a 0.5 second google image search on the country.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    America! anywhere in america, that would be my dream
    No, not just anywhere. Trust me.

The worst place in america is better than alot of countries

The worst place in america is a lot of worse than a lot of countries....I don't get what point your trying to make.

I agree, the Armpit of America is still not war torn or starving. There are countries out there that I'm sure could be better too because it's not like that everywhere. But yeah, Americans really do have it made. My husband and I say sometimes when the economy gets us down that we just wanna give up and go to Canada but in reality we will probably never leave permanently.

Well I should not say that parts of America are not starving, we do have a lot of people that don't get to eat much.

our people here in the US (not "America" as America includes Canada, Mexico, "Central" America & South America) suffer from a different kind of malnutrition. We rank 15th in the world for education. There are plenty of places that run more efficiently than the US, but nobody here wants to pay for it.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I already live in paradise, a beautiful peaceful place, a tiny island with lots of history and lots of beauty, but if I had to live elsewhere, I would live in Canada, as my Husband is Canadian
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love visiting other countries but Ireland is home and its the best for me :) .....But I guess the south of france would be a welcome change in weather!!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

What I said still stands. Don't be so idiotic.
    Technically, he's right. But the same exact thing could be said about most countries. The worst place in Germany, France, England, Brazil, Australia, Japan, Croatia, Turkey, etc, etc, etc. is better than a lot (it's 2 words) of countries.
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    Probably Scotland as that's where my paternal family is from and just think it's beautiful there.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I already live in paradise, a beautiful peaceful place, a tiny island with lots of history and lots of beauty, but if I had to live elsewhere, I would live in Canada, as my Husband is Canadian

Any chance its Ireland? :D
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

As someone who lives in ONE of the worst places in US (Flint, MI), I agree with this statement
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I come from a long line of Londoners, but my family has the habit of retiring abroad, with my nan moving to Australia (to join my uncle and his family), and my parents retiring to Crete. I think they had the right idea, and at the moment, I quite fancy the South of France :glasses:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I like to live exactly where I live I can look at the sea from my window, it is about 100 metres from my front door. I can walk on the beach with my little toy poodle...I love where I live each and every day I am so grateful for my life here :-)))
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ireland, Norway or Italy.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was born in Ohio,US, and have spent most of my life here, but my boyfriend is from London, England. When we get married, I am definitely moving there with him. :)