an alternative country??

Options

Replies

• princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Germany, Czech Republic, Spain and China. While the US will always be home, I would love to live in Germany again. I love just about everything about it.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Downtown Toronto or Vancouver. I love those cities! Or else I'd probably move back to London.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'd ever want to live anywhere other than the US permanently (home country), but I did love living in Scotland. Hoping to get back there.
  • lornaheron
    Options
    I'd go back to Malta where i used to live. It's such a lovely relaxed , slow pace of life. :)
    21790325.png[/url
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Of all the places I've (temporarily) lived in, my favorite so far is Barcelona and of course Istanbul, my home.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Ud like to wear a burka?

If I remember right, women in Saudi Arabia don't wear a burqa. Why so quick to judge?

Dress code for Saudi

There is no absolutely correct dress code for Saudi Arabia: the best way for both men and women to avoid getting into difficulties is to dress conservatively in public. Most women wear an abaya (black cloak) and some also decide to cover their hair in order to avoid confrontation with the Mutawwa (or religious police) who patrol the suqs (markets) and shopping centres and who often challenge women on this point. Men should not wear shorts in public.

Sounds like you're from Riyadh. I used to live in Riyadh and its fairly true there (though not as strict as you're portraying, what you said was true about 20 years ago, not so much anymore even in Riyadh). But if you were to goto Jeddah or dammam or other towns its fairly lose. Heck even the shops stay open for Jummah prayer in Jeddah and Dammam

No I am from North Wales UK lol! but I travel and the abaya is pretty true for most muslim coountries. Even here, where I live when the people from muslim religions wear the same garb!

Each to their own, I have no problem with it. When in Rome and all that if I go to another country!

Could tell you a stories about France though when I visited in June and they have supposedly banned the burka! but hey gonna stay clear of the no no subjects on here!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Switzerland or Germany. I absolutely loved them :) only down fall is that I love tanning (all natural sun tanning!) and neither place is all that accommodating to keeping up my tan. So for now I'm happy here.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I already live in paradise, a beautiful peaceful place, a tiny island with lots of history and lots of beauty, but if I had to live elsewhere, I would live in Canada, as my Husband is Canadian

Any chance its Ireland? :D

Ummmm NO...I mean a TINY island, its 12 miles at its widest and 26 miles long, and I am English
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love New Zealand. I've been there twice and enjoyed both visits. The scenery is beautiful and the people, incredible. I love America but the politics are getting to me...
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    No where else, love NZ! Might like to live in the northern parts of NZ where it is a little warmer but I am a kiwi girl through and through :)
  • mangoduck
    mangoduck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    South Korea for me.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I already live in paradise, a beautiful peaceful place, a tiny island with lots of history and lots of beauty, but if I had to live elsewhere, I would live in Canada, as my Husband is Canadian

Ummmm NO...I mean a TINY island, its 12 miles at its widest and 26 miles long, and I am English

Cool just asking :) My guess now is Isle of Man? My mother is from there it's a lovely place. Anyway I know I could be wrong again I'm no authority on nearby islands!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Technically, he's right.

Where did I say he wasn't?
  • ansy96
    ansy96 Posts: 55
    Options
    UK or Denmark. There are great opportunities for education and work.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I haven't traveled enough to know where exactly I'd like to go, but I know I'd like to experience life other places some day. I would probably settle for moving back to Alaska though :).
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options

Cool just asking :) My guess now is Isle of Man? My mother is from there it's a lovely place. Anyway I know I could be wrong again I'm no authority on nearby islands!

No, it's the Isle of Wight off the south coast, and it is very pretty. I know because I'm the lucky Canadian. :smooched:
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Alaska is beautiful but all that cold and ice......Switzerland is where I would live. It's so clean and friendly. Loved Yorkshire England too. Lots of history and ancient castles.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I also love living in the US but if I had to choose another country I think I woud choose France. For about 1 year. I have never been to france but I "think" I would like it there. lol
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Of the countries I have been to (Canada, Mexico, Panama, India, Slovakia, several Caribbean islands), I would probably say Slovakia.

I would really like to be able to travel around though. Be in the Alps (Italy, Switzerland, Austria) in the summer and a coastal area (Italy, Spain, Greece, Virgin Islands, St. Lucia, etc.) for the winter.
  • xxxray
    xxxray Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go back to the Highlands of Scotland it's like a religious experience for me ... especially if I get the sleeper train from London and wake up to those views ... I also love France ... I turned 20 rebuilding a medieval castle in France and it was the best time of my life ... especially when the local kids stormed us on Bastille Day .!!