Online dating WTF? messages

Options
124»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Ah people, Lol! I gave up on online dating a long time ago. Nothing good ever came of it! Www.meetup.com is a great way to find a group of people to hang out with and the site has lots a singles groups...

Most Meetup group functions are singles oriented. Meetup groups are most conducive to singles. If you weren't single, you'd have no need for a Meetup group (for the most part). Most Meetup events in most Meetup groups are bar mix and mingles, and why would you go to a bar mix and mingle if you weren't single? It is one of those things you tolerate because you're single, you hope you find someone and get on with life. Hitting the mix and mingle circuit over and over is enough to give any rational and reasonable person nausea.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    Ah people, Lol! I gave up on online dating a long time ago. Nothing good ever came of it! Www.meetup.com is a great way to find a group of people to hang out with and the site has lots a singles groups...

Most Meetup group functions are singles oriented. Meetup groups are most conducive to singles. If you weren't single, you'd have no need for a Meetup group (for the most part). Most Meetup events in most Meetup groups are bar mix and mingles, and why would you go to a bar mix and mingle if you weren't single? It is one of those things you tolerate because you're single, you hope you find someone and get on with life. Hitting the mix and mingle circuit over and over is enough to give any rational and reasonable person nausea.

then pray tell, where do us poor single ladies go to find someone to date? if we're meant to get off the internet and meet real people in person but then the mix and mingle circuit has also been deemed sub par, i feel like all of my options have been taken off the table!
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Aha!

A man once hit me up with this precise email.

1. Sylvia likes you.
    2. Do you do **al?
    3. If I give you bus fare to Macon, Georgia can you visit for #2.

First of all, my facebook profile has me looking all professorial, and talking about my PhD thesis and work experience, which involves multivariate statistics and econometric modeling. Now, clearly having statistical proficiency means I am not only a potential **al enthusiast but I need the bus fare to travel to Macon to be able to do so.

But here is the worst part. Sylvia? His left hand. Yes. He had tagged his left hand Sylvia in facebook.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Say it isn't so!!! When single, I used match.com. Hooked up a few times using it, but that's all it's good for.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    lol. I am noticing the population on the thread. 100% female. Good god. Men are just vile on these dating sites aren't they?

It's not just men. I got a hook-up message from a girl once, on the conditions that 'some people' could watch.

Met a girl briefly, she stalked me for about 3 weeks.

Have had several that straight up told it how it was: Wear something nice, buy me dinner, then we f***k.

...no. No no no.

This was like 98-2002 though. While ago. Hehe.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    I met my husband online and we have been married almost 20 years.

the Internet isnt 20 years old... ... is it?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online and we have been married almost 20 years.

the Internet isnt 20 years old... ... is it?

The Internet and the World Wide Web are different things. The Internet has been around since the late 60's or so. The WWW itself is probably a bit older than 20 years.