How old were you

Options
AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
When you got your first cell phone? And how old are you?

I got my first at 17 when I had a job and could buy one. I'm 25

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty old, does a pager count?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I want to say I was 20 when I got it because I was going to be commuting to school. It was a very basic phone and I only used it for emergencies.

I am 37 now.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    17. Parents paid for it and forced it on me because I was driving and they wanted to keep track of me. I resisted, heavily. I am 26 now.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    got mine at 16 im 24
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I was SO cool with my pager at 17. Remember getting 911 pages from my friends and having to find a pay phone to see what was up. Cell phone wasn't until I was 19 and leaving for college. It was HUGE.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was 17 and using my mom's phone for emergencies, and I bought my first one on my own at 18. I'm 23 now
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It was in a bag that you hauled around ***damn I hate being old***
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and in my first semester of college. I only got it so that I could call my friends and gossip about all the hot guys in my classes. Priorities are important, you know?

I'm 27 now.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

Excuse me while I drool......

I don't know how old I was but I was out of the house & engaged. I had a pager in high school but my mother made me return it because "only drug dealers needed pagers"...
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    18, 27
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and it was one of those bag phones that you plugged into your cigarette lighter in your car. My parents made me use it since I was driving back and forth from college every day. I'm 35 now.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old I was but I was out of the house & engaged. I had a pager in high school but my mother made me return it because "only drug dealers needed pagers"...
    I remember a guy giving me his pager number and my dad was all worried because he thought it meant the guy was a drug dealer.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think my first one was when I was like 26.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I was 18, and boy was it a piece!... I am now 26
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I got one the beginning of my freshman year of high school (13 years old) because I was in basketball and practices were at weird times so I needed to be able to get ahold of my mom to come pick me up. Had the same phone for 6 years! That thing was a beast!

*sorry forgot to put my age
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I was given my older sisters old cell phone at the beginning of grade 8... it was only for emergencies and I never used it. I got another in 10th grade but still hardly used it...then when I started university is when I started using it a lot and that is when I got a real one and started paying for it myself.
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    I got mine at 16, when I had a job and could buy and pay for it. I'm 24
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I got my first one from my parents at 16 and it was to call them only. They were nervous about me driving places alone at night. I got a cell for regular use when I was 18 and paid for it myself. I am 26 now.