How old were you

Options

Replies

• jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    18 as a high school graduation gift. I'm 31 now.
  • joncowling
    Options
    I was 14, I'm 23 now :)
  • Jaimers92
    Jaimers92 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was 14 and everyone I knew at school had one. So I begged my parents relentlessly until they got me one. It was nothing fancy, but I was happy lol. I'm now 20 and realize I didn't need a cell phone at 14!
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    I was 14, my older brother worked with Rogers, was only allowed to use it to call my mom and for emergencies...at least for the first little while. I am 27 now.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I remember my dad getting one at work when I was about 7 or 8 - 13 or so years back
    I got my first one in grade 12 - 4 years ago
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was 25 -

I worked for Hutchinson Telecom (the former name of Orange) & had to commute from Oxfordshire to Newcastle every week so I was given one for travelling the trains - it was the size of a brick & weighed more !!!
    I was told to keep it hidden as they cost a small fortune & very 'nickable'
    - that brought back memories....

I am now 44

:happy:
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was 24.Got a free phone when I bought my car. Had it about 3 years and then went for 7yrs w/o one. Was 33 when I got one again. I'm 38 now.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    13 - It was a cheap flip phone my parents bought so they could keep track of me (not in an over-protective way, I just was busy with swimming, band practice, volleyball, track&field, dance, and color guard)
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    16- when i got my license
    and am 24 now
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I was 12! My older sister who was 22 worked for T-mobile! So she gave me one. It was limited and wouldn't let me overuse it or anything. I basically just wanted to play snake anyway ahaa. I am 22 myself now :-) My mum wasn't too pleased about it though but she liked that she could call me if I was late home for dinner instead of having to come to the parks/fields to find me lol
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I got a pay as you go phone when I was 17 and had a saturday job. It was a brick!! How things have changed.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    24, 39
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was 15 my mom bought me my car and said i had to have a phone, i am 23
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I got a really cheap one when I was twelve, because I had to cycle two hours to school every day and I needed to be able to call my parents and my school if something happened or if my bike had a flat tire or something.
    I wasn't allowed to use it for anything else (except maybe playing snake, haha).
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    14 and I'm 27 now. Still have the same number :laugh:
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    18 and I'm 35 now...

It was an Ericsson GA628, it made phone calls and sent 2 line SMS messages, not that any of my friends had mobiles at the time! :ohwell:
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    16, I had a car and they needed a better way to keep tabs on me.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I got my first cell when I was 20, and I am 35 :)
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I was around 13 or 14 years old and I am 26 now. My mom paid for it but she got it so when I was at the mall or off with friends she knew she could always get a hold of me. It was great went I started sports after school because I didnt have to be one of the people always asking to borrow someones phone because we got done early.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    22/23... I didn't need one until then.