How old were you

Options

Replies

• JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got my first 'bar, analog' phone when I was 18 and heading to college. Had that sucks for years! I have only owned 4 phones my whole life thus far..I literally just upgraded to a smartphone from an nv..and oh yeah, I'm 28.
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am so old that we had party lines when I was a child, yes you had your own ring tone per family and when you picked up the phone any one of 4 other families could be using the line. First cell phone age 50 and I am proud that I paid for it myself ;0)
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I had my dads old pay as you go cell phone when I was 13. It just hung out in my backpack for emergencies. I got a "real" cellphone when I was 15, with a texting plan, booyah. I'm 23 now.
  • RanmaGirl5
    RanmaGirl5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    12 and it was a basic flip phone. Now I'm 18 and have upgraded to an iPhone
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was 11. It was when I started secondary school, and I was in the First Orchestra, so I had to be able to keep my parents updated in case there were extra rehearsals, or rehearsals were cancelled full stop.
  • poetgurl2005
    Options
    16, when I moved half way across the country without my parents.
  • sdps745
    sdps745 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Got a car-phone in my car around 1989...I was 26...Eventually I got a cell phone when they were small enough to carry around...Not sure when exactly, but it must've been some time in the 90's?? I still have it, but have since moved on to a Sony Ericson W600i Walkman, not a modern cell phone anymore. Not sure how old it is, but it still works and it texts and take pics, but the memory is REAL small. 49 now.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Bought my first one at around age 20, am 31 now.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My parents got me one for my 10th birthday since I was always biking around in the forest with my friends.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was 20 years old, and that was like almost 5 years ago. The only reason I got it was to have a way to call home in college.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I was 13. And the only reason why I got one because I wrote a very formal, intelligent 3 page proposal report on why I needed a cell phone with a plan on its uses, etc.

My parents were very impressed with my proposal report and ended up getting me one.

I'm 22 now.
  • donnalee88
    Options
    16 years old when I started driving. I am 24 now.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    wow, there's a whole lot o' youngins on this post, aren't there? i was *gasp* ...29.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    15 going in 16
    My mom bought NE and my older siblings phones so she could keep track of us when we were out with the car lol
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    16 and i'm 18 now
    I was the last of my friends to get a cell phone and my parents got it for me when I started driving
  • CharliSue
    Options
    I'm 37 and have had a cell phone about 14 years. I had a pager then a little beeper called "the fly" before the cell. I actually had both the beeper & cell for a while LOL! Only special people got the cell#.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    I was 22.....now almost 32.
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was 17 (gonna be 27 soon) and i had to pay for it. It was one of those uber cheap cell phones from Verizon. it didn't do Anything but text and call. The screen was all pixelated and blue/grey! When i was 12/13 and through HS/JrHigh if i had to stay after for Choir or anything like that my mom made me do the whole 1800Collect thing. Where when it asked to state your name i had to say "mom, im done come get me now' super fast and hang up. LOL.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I got my first phone at 11, I'm 18 now.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I was 16 when I got my first cell phone. A Nokia that looked like a brick with a green screen. I'm 28.