How old were you

Options

Replies

• Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    I was 15. Good old Nokias with snake :) Dont think i ever used it much. I'm 19 now.
  • Wilson336
    Options
    ...they didn't have cell phones like we know them when I got my first "mobile phone". It was a "bag phone" which had to be constantly plugged into the car cigarette lighter and still had a handset that you hung up onto a base unit. That thing had great range...it was practically a military satellite phone....that was back in 1997.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I got a prepaid cell phone when I was 15. My parents bought me the phone, but I was responsible for buying the cards to load minutes & texts on it.

I'm 24 now.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I got mine at 16. Camera phones had like just came out at that point & mine was 1. So I've always had a cam phone. Albeit, the came sucked on that one lol. I'm 24 now.

OMG! I remember when camera phones came out! I always thought "why do you need a camera on your phone?!" Now I feel like I'd be hard pressed to find a phone without a camera on it.
  • albrown44
    Options
    Bag phone, 23...now 44 :smile:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    18 working full time and going to school
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    My parents got a family plan of Nokias when I was 15. I was working a summer job and they wanted to be able to keep track of me.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    double post, sorry.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    16, bought it myself and made the payments.
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    16, and it was a simple phone that had minutes only for emergencies. :tongue:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    18 or 19. Don't really remember. Yet, my first one was one of the older cell phones that look slightly like a home phone.
  • JenStyle30
    Options
    I got one when I was 16. I am 30 now
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was 24 years old, had a full time job and got one because my previous car had started on fire and I had no way to call for help. The people on the freeway had to call it in for me.

(Of Course this is when everyone was starting to get them in 2000...it was the period of time where no everyone had one yet).
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    I was 40, but that was 24 years ago. Mine was a "phone in a bag" model that was about the size of a lunch box. I was an early adopter. Most people back then who had "mobile phones" had "car phones". A few had the fancy Motorola models, but they would set you back about $2,000. Mine was only around $600, as near as I can recall.
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    I was 19yo in college. Now I am 32. Phones have gotten so much cooler since then!
  • I was 13 but I wasn't supposed to get one until I was 16 or until my friends could drive. I only got one because I went to school in a different city. I'm 21 now
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I was 26 and am now 38.
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    13 but it was a crappy phone that was made basically just in case I had to call one of my parents while at school or something. I'm 22 now and I can't even tell you how many phones I've gone through..
  • sarahgilmore1
    Options
    I bought my own when I was 18 (2001)
    It was a Philips Savvy Vogue - pretty flash at the time, most people had those awful Alcatel things that only texted in caps.
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I got one when I was 12, as that is when I started to go out on my own to other towns to friends houses and shopping with friends. I am now 24.