How old were you

Options

Replies

• big_drake
    Options
    I old, I remember the time before cell phones. I remember the bag phone that you kept in your car!

I'd say I got my first cell phone when I was 21-ish. About the time I got my first credit card.

I'm still being stuborn/cheap and not getting a smartphone.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was 23!! ROFL Im 35 now:)

I DO remember the pagers very well though and I had one of them when I was about 19!!;)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    21 I believe.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was 16, my dad bought me one once I got my license and put me on a plan with 60 minutes a month and nights and weekends, haha. I still remember waiting by the phone for 9 pm to strike so I could call my friends! I'm 27 now :)
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My first semi cell phone was those big bag phones you could put in your car. I got one at 18 when i started college. My first real cell phone was at 22. Now people get i phones and fancy gadget before age 10. I feel like I was born in the dinosaur age.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Had a pager at 28, and my first mobile at 32, I am now 47.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Twelve. tumblr_lxrevhon8z1qe8vjk.gif
    I had flip phone swag at such a young age.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was 20 with a flip phone. Am now 35
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was 20 with a flip phone. Am now 35

i mean 34...y am i wanting to be 35 so soon!!!!!
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was 22, I am 32 now.

My BIL had a phone on our acct and gave it back, instead of cancelling it I keep it around for my son (10) to take with him when he is out playing, I just got him a new phone for his 10th birthday but it is a basic flip phone. It makes me comfortable knowing that he can call if he needs us and I can get ahold of him if I need him to come home. He can only call the numbers programmed in it and it cannot be used to make calls after 10 and that will change to earlier once school starts.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    14 freshmen year of high school

i got one because i was always somewhere random (cheer practice, ballet, student gov meeting, etc) and needing a ride home from school. how funny is it that i had a cell phone, but no car lol
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I was 30. I'm (just)47 now.

And it had an antenna. And there was no texting. Yes, i'm a dinosaur.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

Yeah!!!! I so rocked that phone back in 1994!

I was 19 and I'm 37 now
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I got my first phone when I was 16 (I'm 22 now) and paid for it myself
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    I was 16 when I got my first phone. I had to pay for it myself(McDonald's pay checks!) because it was 'my responsibility'. Now, my brother is 16, turning 17 in September, jobless(has never had a job) and got an Android that my parents pay for because he begged for so long. Now he's getting his G1 this upcoming week which 'rents are paying for also.
    Lol, I'm not jealous, but I shove it in his face everytime he believes he doesn't get what he wants. <3 I love him.
    ...What was the question again?
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    I was 12 when I got my first cellphone.
    I'm 19 now :P
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Had a brick of a phone in about 1998 aged 57, and in 2001 when it failed, could not believe how I HAD to get a new one right away as could not manage without it... have upgraded once since then, and am really feeling I have to get a new one which does all the internet stuff too. I'm about to be 71!!
    Beam me up, Scottie!!
  • skcastro
    skcastro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got mine when I was in 5th grade. When Cingullar was AT&T first or Verizon (one of those companies)
    I'm 20 now.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I got my first one when I was 17. It was a prepaid virgin mobile. 10 phones later and Now I am 23.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    16. Had to get a job before I could have a cell phone or get my drivers license. I paid my own cell phone bill and car insurance and learned to be responsible and work for the things I wanted, not like kids who just expect to have everything handed to them. I am 25