Avocados

Options
1235»

Replies

• Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh my god that sounds yum!

I've only discovered my liking for this MAGICAL... fruit... or veggie? not sure yet haha!

Either way, it has to be present in my diet or I will actually die.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    do you actually have a more detailed recipe for your avocado sauce sounds deeeelish
    LOVE avocados! Tonight I'm making spaghetti squash with avocado 'sauce' (pureed avocado, olive oil, basil and a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper) and turkey meatballs.

oh yeah that sauce is the business !!!!!!!
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sliced on 100% whole wheat bread with alfalfa sprouts! Might have another one tonight. :)
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    Avocados are also one of my favorite foods! I like them plain, as a salad "dressing" or pretty much with anything. I love my guacamole too.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    LOVE avocados! Tonight I'm making spaghetti squash with avocado 'sauce' (pureed avocado, olive oil, basil and a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper) and turkey meatballs.

Holy crap that sounds absolutely freakin amazing!
  • sdai3
    sdai3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love avocado everything. Plain or with some sriracha, on sandwiches, as guacamole, anything and everything. delicious
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like to make them into a salad with grape tomatoes and very thinly sliced onions (any kind will do), then dress with balsamic vinegar.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Avocados are up there as one of my favorite foods. How do you eat your avocado?

I like half of an avocado (~2.5-3 oz.) sprinkled with salt with the middle filled with hummus.

In omelets !! try it so good !!!!
    In salads or just on its own with a dash of balsamic and some S&P
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A wedge of Avocado, 2 slices of bread, 2 slices of tomato, and a big sprig of Kale. This is a great sandwich
    That sounds extremely good/simple. I may have to try that this week!
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    mashed with strawberries, almond milk and truvia

interesting...that sounds good!
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas! I am going to have to venture out as I only use avocado in protein shakes...makes it so smooth.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I usually put a halfacado on my salad.
    Sometimes I eat them with a bit of salt, or sometimes I spread it on a slice of bread with black olives and a bit of salt.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado stuffed with Shrimp Salad, Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, or Egg Salad
  • GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My latest use is as a substitute for mayo in tuna salad. Delicious!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    For those that eat a part of an avocado, what do you do with the remainder so it doesn't brown?

I leave the pit in that half so that the hole doesn't get brown, drip a bit of lemon or lime juice on the cut part, and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
  • GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    do you actually have a more detailed recipe for your avocado sauce sounds deeeelish

oh yeah that sauce is the business !!!!!!!

I would love to try this. I currently have all the ingridients as well.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    One of my fave ways to eat avocado is to make a black bean salad. Drain and rinse a can of black beans, add some chopped onion, tomato, minced garlic, diced green pepper, corn if you like, diced avocado, and whatever spices you may want (I like some cumin and maybe red pepper flakes).
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I LOVE AVOCADOS! My favorite it 1/3 cup pureed as spread for turkey sandwiches or just sliced by itself!