alternate day fasting

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• alexearwicker
    Options
    I have done the 5-2 diet for the last 3 weeks and i have lost just over a stone doing it....the results are amazing...
  • londonlemming
    Options
    Might be a bad sign as far as ease of longterm compliance goes.
    That's quite possible. It might explain the un-followed-up "I'm just starting ADF" posts...

My own experience of 5:2 from last year was that I found getting back to fasting after two or three days of eating normally seemed to be more and more of a drag as time went on. I lost 10kg but only lasted for 5 weeks and it slowly came back.

ADF seems easier because I don't have several days to get out of the habit so I don't feel that I'm starting a new 'round' of fasting each week.
  • krissyboothang
    krissyboothang Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mojobrad
    mojobrad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this today
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Our bodies an rythym isn't meant to graze all day, fasting is what people should be doing not just when they sleep , but ALL DAY and then feast at night.

What is your body not doing when is DIGESTING FOOD ALL DAY? its not cleaning internally, cleansing

I have been actively doing alternate day fasting, intermittent fasting, warrior diet fasting, eat stop eat, ect for 2 years.
    Its the best thing anyone could do for themselves to get their health back after years of abuse of drugs, junk food, ect
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also only eat a night, I eat from 5-11pm (6 hour eating window) While my body uses my fat stores as energy through out the day.

My sinusnitis has been cured and my skin has been cleared.
  • krissyboothang
    Options
    Happy Fasting!
  • krissyboothang
    Options
    Now I Juddd, my question is is ADF 0 calories during fasting days or is it similar to Judd where you eat >500 cals a day.

I eat 1200-1500 calories every other day, and 300-500 calories the other days.

I practiced IF in May and lost 8 pounds
    I practice JUDDD starting June 1st and lost 1.5 pounds so far. Today is a DD for me and I also am committed to keeping a exercise regimine as well as going low on DD. I post in LCF that board is more supportive of this WOE as you tend to get a lot of backlash on MFP.
  • cthibodo
    cthibodo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dotren
    dotren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump :)