How to get rid of ice cream cravings?

Options
1235»

Replies

• shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My 11 yr old son just had the BRILLIANT idea to make Mio snow cones! We grabbed the blender, and crushed the ice, mixed the mio with a little bit of water and poured over the ice. Super sweet and zero cal! Totally feel like I'm cheating!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Trader Joe's Fruit Floes? Fudge pops, Skinny Cow & frozen whipped cream also kind of hit the spot. You can also enjoy 1 potion of ice cream and log the calories. I think a portion is usually 1/2 c. You can put it in a cone or add fruit to a bowl so the size seems more satisfying.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    OH! And you can also just freeze some fat free yogurt or sugar-free fat free pudding if all you're missing is the texture! I love making pudding and then freezing it. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    <
    worst person to ask.

I JUST ate some ice cream with hot fudge. And I am already planning the next flavor of ice cream I will be buying. Something fruity this time...Strawberry or Peach I think.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Do 30 burpees. If you still want the ice cream then go ahead and eat it.
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who basically went cold turkey on treats and later was eating them like it was going out of style. You can not deprive yourself of anything you will crave them more, you can have them in moderation

Have you tried Skinny Cow ice cream products? I know their ice cream sandwiches are 150 calories and you do not miss anything and they are really good. Healthy choice now has frozen greek yogurt. I haven't check the calorie content, but I am sure it is just as good like regular greek yogurt.

If you go out to Dairy Queen, McDonalds which has a calorie content, I always switch for a small vanilla cone and it is under my goal. For your local ice cream shop, 1 small scoop in a cup will last you.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    i eat it.

AhmNomnomNOMnomNOM!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to lose weight but my step dad is trying to GAIN weight. He has a bunch of ice cream in the house, and I am talking like 4-5 CARTONS of the stuff. I have the worst will power in the world so I always eat it. Please help me get rid of these cravings!

Eat ice cream!!

2812191_1709.jpg
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Eat ice cream. If you have a craving, there is no substitute. I eat it every night. It's my reward for surviving the day. I just make sure I fit them into my day!
  • kattipoo93
    Options
    Fit it into your calories! :) It's a lifestyle change. I for one, would never want to go the rest of my life without ice cream! (of course i have a milk allergy so i can't have alot anyways) I have it in small portions. Portion is key!

There are plenty of alternatives as well!
    I can drink a glass of chocolate skim milk and it gets rid of my sweet tooth and fills me up :3
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to lose weight but my step dad is trying to GAIN weight. He has a bunch of ice cream in the house, and I am talking like 4-5 CARTONS of the stuff. I have the worst will power in the world so I always eat it. Please help me get rid of these cravings!

Eat ice cream!!

2812191_1709.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sugar free or no sugar added ice cream or frozen yogurt can be pretty low in calories. We normally have a small cup every night and just budget it in. If you keep your portions in line it wont hurt you.

One tip we use: Use a small coffee cup or similar size dish instead of a bowl. 1/2 a cup of ice cream sitting in a cereal bowl looks anemic, but 1/2 a cup in a coffe cup looks pretty good!

So true , I eat a 1/2 cup of my favorite ice cream often. I love ice cream and it is unrealistic of me trying to give it up. I fit it into my daily allowance of calories. Lost 45 lbs of eating things I love. I make better choices, exercise and earn it.
  • aljohnso1
    Options
    I love the sugar free fudgecicles! One pop is only 40 calories, so I can eat 2 and not feel bad! I still work it into my calorie allowance, but it is much easier to allow for 90cal then 300cal! They taste great and have mostly "cured" my craving for ice cream! On occasion I will splurge and have an individual serving of B&J ice cream, but I buy the individual serving packages as I will eat a whole pint, because no one really believes that a pint of B&J has 4 servings! LOL!