the olympians bodies.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If swimmers have the hottest body, why most of you choose gym and weights to build a hot body?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Because swimmers look that way due to the hours of weight lifting they do.
  • needernt
    Options
    Then why swimmers you can reffer to weight lifter easily.
  • Elissalove
    Elissalove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Beach Volleyball! The ladies kick *kitten*!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Then why swimmers you can reffer to weight lifter easily.

This pretty much sums up everything.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old daughter is a swimmer. While she has spent tons of time in the pool, she is just now starting to do serious dryland. She already has the broader shoulder and lat physique from the hours in the water. In ways, she is stronger than me.

And most of the boys in her grade know she could kick their butt. I'm OK with that! :wink:
  • needernt
    Options
    wish luck for your doughter.
    anyway swimming have a function. it can transfer fat from belly and waist to other organs with a fit ratio. that's how swimers looks great even without adding muscles.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wish luck for your doughter.
    anyway swimming have a function. it can transfer fat from belly and waist to other organs with a fit ratio. that's how swimers looks great even without adding muscles.
    what exactly is the science behind this moving body fat from one location to the other?
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    leryn franco! that is all
  • needernt
    Options
    I can't expain it scientifically. But that is something that happens.
    I personally experience that.
    Maybe it is because of the movement that breaks fat tissue and the coldness of water make body natural defence to keep a layer of fat under the skin. that way fat spread over the body to protect it from coldness of water.
    swimmers all have a percentage of body fat.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is because of the movement that breaks fat tissue and the coldness of water make body natural defence to keep a layer of fat under the skin. that way fat spread over the body to protect it from coldness of water.
    This is absolute nonsense. The human body doesn't rearrange the location of body fat. Fat depots are set places in the body where fat is stored. Swimmers are lean because they have low body fat, but Olympic swimmers spend countless hours in the weight room developing the strength to be competitive. That's why they are Olympians, and 99% of people who swim aren't.
  • needernt
    Options
    This is absolute nonsense. The human body doesn't rearrange the location of body fat. Fat depots are set places in the body where fat is stored. Swimmers are lean because they have low body fat, but Olympic swimmers spend countless hours in the weight room developing the strength to be competitive. That's why they are Olympians, and 99% of people who swim aren't.
    Fat can be stored in different parts of body in men that is waist line and belly where fats start to store. in women hips and upper legs.
    2 years back I did a lot of swimming and no weight training . I had a bigger but fit shoulders and bigger calves. every body askin me what I did? and I said just swimming
    Now it is 1 year that I do weight training. reduced my body fat and added more musce but my weight is the same as 2 years back.
    I have more power and more noticeable muscles but still my body is not as beautiful as those days.
    THat is not only my opinion but some other coaches I met even appoved it.
    Having muscles is a must but what makes it beautiful is the way fat cover it all over the body. although this is different fro a bodybulder goal.
  • needernt
    Options
    I am still thinking why every body here looking for gym to get fit. and not the other ways like swimming
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I am still thinking why every body here looking for gym to get fit. and not the other ways like swimming

Efficiency, I expect. The body you were proud of two years ago - how many hours a week did you spend swimming?
  • needernt
    Options

Efficiency, I expect. The body you were proud of two years ago - how many hours a week did you spend swimming?
    Well honestly. It was about 4 days a week each say 60 to 90 minute and it take me about 4 month to rich it.
    I guess there shoul be some fat in the body to shape it by swimming . I know many thin ectomorph swimmers who are not in shape. Genes are inportant.

Although it was not only swimming but along with some exercises like freestyle hand movement with hand paddles and etc.
    about 45 min exercises like that and then swimming.
    The kine of body I had that time was more in a feminized in the shape. I had bigger fitter buttom and my upper chest was filled. the shape was curvy. That I can tell.
    But noe after 1 year of weight training with almost the same weigh that I was 2 years back I look thinner and tougher and I don't have that filled rounded bottom. Although more powerful
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Well honestly. It was about 4 days a week each say 60 to 90 minute and it take me about 4 month to rich it.
    I guess there shoul be some fat in the body to shape it by swimming . I know many thin ectomorph swimmers who are not in shape. Genes are inportant.

Although it was not only swimming but along with some exercises like freestyle hand movement with hand paddles and etc.
    The kine of body I had that time was more in a feminized in the shape. I had bigger fitter buttom and my upper chest was filled. the shape was curvy. That I can tell.
    But noe after 1 year of weight training with almost the same weigh that I was 2 years back I look thinner and tougher and I don't have that filled rounded bottom. Although more powerful

Doesn't sound like that much more than anyone would spend in the gym. I guess it's down to expectation.
  • needernt
    Options

Doesn't sound like that much more than anyone would spend in the gym. I guess it's down to expectation.
    No, not more than that. but the result was titally different. although I burnt many fats during weight training this year . I might turn to swimming again and I am not sure whete I will get the same shape as 2 years back or not.
    But that was Hot!!!!! more than gym shape
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    GYMNAST.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I love the women hurdlers and sprinters. Incredible physiques and impressive athleticism.

Georgeanne Moline:

fittest-female-athletes-georgeanne-moline.jpg

Allyson Felix:

allyson-felix-womens-200-meters.jpg