the olympians bodies.

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think they all look weird and disproportionate.

Maybe on TV they look great and in terms of being at the event, you expect them to look that way, but if you saw them in person standing I your house, they would look a bit odd. Take the girls gymnasts, I think they are bordering fat. I know they are super strong, and that's just how they look because of what they do, but they are right on the edge. Swimmers, huge oddly broad shoulders. It looks good on tv, but I've seen these people in person, and in steet clothes, they look weird. Not unfit, just odd.

Anyway, I'm ready for the lynching for calling the girl gymnasts fat. Lol. Whateves. They aren't fat, just teetering right on the edge of it. I don't like the look. If you were to see them in jeans, you would think they were overweight.

What the mother F@*#?! In what crazy jacked up world are female gymnast even remotely NEAR being fat?!!! You have got issues. My daughter is a gymnast with MUSCLES including abs and v-cuts and she is more fit than any of her friends, aside from her fellow gymnast friends. Most of these girls don't even have periods because they have such low body fat. How on Earth does this qualify them as being near fat?! Wow!!!!!

And yes, I do take offense to that because you are implying my daughter to be fat and she is anything BUT FAT! She is 10 and probably has more muscle than you. LOL. Please get some better glasses or something. Dang.

No one reads these days. Sheesh!

They LOOK fat to me. I know they are 100% pure muscle. I am not disputing that. But, the olympic gymnists in a pair of jeans, looks heavy. I know female swimmers, and they look large to me too. Large backs. When you see them in a dress, they look large. You can't tell if they are fat or not. Of course they are not, they just look like it because swimming and training for swimming create that look.

If you disagree, that's fine by me. i'm just saying that comparing them to regular average people, they do look funky. But, that's because they are super-human in their sport of choice. That's why they are in the olympics.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen one body I wouldn't like to have, but the gymnasts take the cake for that one. The muscle is amazing!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I want my soccer body back.

:happy:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I knew people would take what I said wrong. i didn't say that the female gymnaist ARE fat. I said they LOOK fat. I've known some in my past, and in a pair of jeans, if you didn't know who they were, you would think they were heavy.

FWIW I understood what you meant. But I think I'm a furry hippo so not really a great help. :drinker:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I knew people would take what I said wrong. i didn't say that the female gymnaist ARE fat. I said they LOOK fat. I've known some in my past, and in a pair of jeans, if you didn't know who they were, you would think they were heavy.
    I've known several gymnasts, since my sister was a gymnast for years. I've never seen one look fat in a pair of jeans. They look like what they are, incredibly athletic.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've known several gymnasts, since my sister was a gymnast for years. I've never seen one look fat in a pair of jeans. They look like what they are, incredibly athletic.

I think the kind of heavy look I am talking about is relative to the viewer. It's obviously very subjective.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1297296052125_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Jessica Zelinka - Heptathalon.

I actually went to high school with her!

Go Canada!
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Maybe on TV they look great and in terms of being at the event, you expect them to look that way, but if you saw them in person standing I your house, they would look a bit odd. Take the girls gymnasts, I think they are bordering fat. I know they are super strong, and that's just how they look because of what they do, but they are right on the edge. Swimmers, huge oddly broad shoulders. It looks good on tv, but I've seen these people in person, and in steet clothes, they look weird. Not unfit, just odd.

Anyway, I'm ready for the lynching for calling the girl gymnasts fat. Lol. Whateves. They aren't fat, just teetering right on the edge of it. I don't like the look. If you were to see them in jeans, you would think they were overweight.

i was a gymnast from the time i was 18months old til i was 14. I have never seen a fat gymnast. Muscular? Very. But fat....no...sorry. Lol. We would do about 2 hours of strength training along with 4 hours of practice 5 days a week.....kinda hard to get fat doing all that.

Edited to say i didnt see your posts above....i will agree that there are a FEW gymnasts who do look a little thick and that have bigger thighs...but i still dont think they look FAT in jeans. Just like someone above said. They look like athletes.Gymnasts have smooth rock hard legs and a round *kitten*.....dont see how that looks the same as jiggly thighs and a sagging fat *kitten* but okay haha.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Soccer players.
  • beckajw
    Options

Not a lynching, but if you think the gymnasts are fat, you have a skewed view of what fat is. They generally have BMIs and Body fat at the very low end of the scale.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Not a lynching, but if you think the gymnasts are fat, you have a skewed view of what fat is. They generally have BMIs and Body fat at the very low end of the scale.
    I kinda agree with the poster *ducks*....not fat, but very solid and sturdy, is what I would say. The girls tend to be on the shorter side. I noticed that the Russian gymnasts were taller and a bit more willowy.
  • beckajw
    Options

I kinda agree with the poster *ducks*....not fat, but very solid and sturdy, is what I would say. The girls tend to be on the shorter side. I noticed that the Russian gymnasts were taller and a bit more willowy.

Sure, sturdy. But the poster said, "teetering right on the edge" of being fat, which is utterly ridiculous. If he doesn't like the look of muscles on girls, that's fine, it's a personal preference. But to say they are teetering on the edge of being fat is not right.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Sure, sturdy. But the poster said, "teetering right on the edge" of being fat, which is utterly ridiculous. If he doesn't like the look of muscles on girls, that's fine, it's a personal preference. But to say they are teetering on the edge of being fat is not right.
    I agree.. However, I've seen other athletes with muscles who don't look "sturdy"....the sprinters, for example. I love the look of those kind of muscles....to each his won.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what's funny is that most of these women also have no thigh gap :laugh:

it just goes to show you that thigh gaps have more to do with bone structure than your weight.

after all tiki gelana is a teeny weenie 88 pounds and has no thigh gap

r620-221b85b5d34a727e86dea24877c0784a.jpg
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm closest in resemblance to a chinese female shot putter (Um, she's tall!) and at goal weight, I will match an American female hammer thrower. Guess I need to look into doing track for sport!

I really want to look like Lolo though. So far, she's my fave :love:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

What the mother F@*#?! In what crazy jacked up world are female gymnast even remotely NEAR being fat?!!! You have got issues. My daughter is a gymnast with MUSCLES including abs and v-cuts and she is more fit than any of her friends, aside from her fellow gymnast friends. Most of these girls don't even have periods because they have such low body fat. How on Earth does this qualify them as being near fat?! Wow!!!!!

And yes, I do take offense to that because you are implying my daughter to be fat and she is anything BUT FAT! She is 10 and probably has more muscle than you. LOL. Please get some better glasses or something. Dang.

I kinda take offense to this statement as well. I've been told by many people that I have an athletic build like a gymnast and I'm not fat. I'm quite fit. I have abs and v-cuts (look at my profile pic and other pics in my profile, if you want) with some feminine muscle. I still get my monthly period as my body fat is below 20% but not THAT low. All I know is I'm NOT fat and for you to make a blanket statement like that on a fitness site where women here have that type of body is...absurd and totally tactless. That's all. :grumble:
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    If I could have an Olympic body, I wan to look like the Brazilian Beach Volleyball team or have the body of a sprinter. Allyson Felix and Sanya Richards Ross have amazing bodies. Jessica Ennis looks incredible too.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Both of the German women's beach volleyball team. Laura Ludwig and Sara Goller.

I don't know how to put a picture in the post but here's a link.

http://www.fivbheroes.com/2012/07/olympic-fivb-heroes-laura-ludwig/

Plus I just check their Olympic profiles and they are both my height and goal weight.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I agree. On some people having that "much" muscle on them makes them look odd.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I am OBSESSED with Georgeanne Moline's abs and want her ab routine / workout!! (USA runner)

*** Also, I give SO much credit to the women on the beach volleyball teams! It's gotta take a ton of confidence to run and jump around in those tiny outfits. They're awesome!