the olympians bodies.

Options

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Not all weight lifters are cut mind.. the 65+ class had a lot of women who were very heavy, But boy could they lift! Their own body weight is not a factor unless two competitors draw first place, in which lightest girl would win.
  • tashmash2011
    Options
    Jessica Ennis' abs are my inspiration! although i would be happy if i just didnt wobble anymore :laugh:
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have swimmers shoulders and i'm starting to get my swimmers body back, so for that reason i'd happily have a Becky Addlington body.

BUT, If I had the frame for it, I would prefer Jesseca Ennis' instead
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    unfortunately there arent many olympians who are as boobalicious as i'll be once i reach my goal weight/body fat percentage. there's serena williams and some of the women's volleyball players have boobs. but beyond that, everyone else is apart of that IBTC that i'll never be part of
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    unfortunately there arent many olympians who are as boobalicious as i'll be once i reach my goal weight/body fat percentage. there's serena williams and some of the women's volleyball players have boobs. but beyond that, everyone else is apart of that IBTC that i'll never be part of

damn itty bitty titty comittee sucks.

I'll never be part of it either :grumble:
  • starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was watching the women's pole vault yesterday and they had the most amazing bodies! Plus there was a 1500m runner with an amazing figure. Not quite as skinny as the marathoners.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I would go with the gymnast body...so very strong and balanced...
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OR: Olympic-level athletes are good at that sport because their body is already built in a way that is optimal for that sport. Yes the training will accentuate that, but swimmers have long limbs and big feet because that is what makes them so good at swimming. Just like swimming more wont give you bigger feet, it also wont give you long limbs unless you are already built that way.

Exercise will just make you more you. You can add more strength in certain body parts, train for more endurance but you wont change your basic shape. Although you might discover your shape if it was hidden under the fat
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was a national swim champion as a child but gave up because I am a big-boobed shortarse. Regardless of training there is a limit to how fast you can get when you dont have the limb span of a competition level swimmer. I still love swimming but..there you go.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I trained and competed as a gymnast for 12 years. So luckily i have the body i want.....but really i just want to look like an athlete again.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Has to be the male gymnasts. I love the rings, horse and bars but mainly the rings. Great physique with strength. It's why I had been incorporating gymnastics work into my strength training.

I was also pleased to discover that one of the Olympic finalists was 39!!

article-2184698-14693540000005DC-984_468x307.jpg
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2184698/Bulgarian-Iordan-Iovtchev-represented-elder-athletes-gymnastics-Mark-Alfords-Goggle-Eyes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Peter Waterfield the Olympic diver has pretty much the ideal physique. I could only dream of being so toned!

Would it be ignorant of me to suggest that there's nothing stopping you?
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Apparently my Olympic twins are a UK 400m runner, Swiss soccer player and a UK hockey player.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Lawrence Okoye - GBR discus - 6ft 6 - 21 stone... so scale it down to 6ft for me and I would be perfectly happy at that.

Dude is a monster

Lawrence+Okoye
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Has to be the male gymnasts. I love the rings, horse and bars but mainly the rings. Great physique with strength. It's why I had been incorporating gymnastics work into my strength training.

I was also pleased to discover that one of the Olympic finalists was 39!!

article-2184698-14693540000005DC-984_468x307.jpg
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2184698/Bulgarian-Iordan-Iovtchev-represented-elder-athletes-gymnastics-Mark-Alfords-Goggle-Eyes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

OMG... Lordan Lovtchev is amazing!!! :happy:
    Peter Waterfield the Olympic diver has pretty much the ideal physique. I could only dream of being so toned!
    Would it be ignorant of me to suggest that there's nothing stopping you?
    [/quote]

Darren... it's quite simple... I've not got the drive and dedication to achieve such physical perfection. I know there are folks on MFP that have totally transformed themselves and I wish I had that "hunger" inside me... but ultimately, chocolate wins out every time. I know it's a weak and pathetic excuse, but it's an honest one! :ohwell:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    From a male perspective, olympic gymnasts. Insane muscularity and strength!

stronggymnast.jpg

Agreed!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sophie Allen, GB swimmer

She's my height and 5lbs heavier than my goal weight (which means I may not have to go at low at I thought) :D

I already have a swimmers shape, just with a layer of removable fat ;) .. Sophies body is my aim :D

ETA:- For the male body, gymnasts are amazing, and by far my favourite male shape of body :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    unfortunately there arent many olympians who are as boobalicious ...

I too find it unfortunate that there is a lack of boobs on women olympians.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    We were watching the women's 100m races the other night and I found myself envying the traps of women sprinters.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Darren... it's quite simple... I've not got the drive and dedication to achieve such physical perfection. I know there are folks on MFP that have totally transformed themselves and I wish I had that "hunger" inside me... but ultimately, chocolate wins out every time. I know it's a weak and pathetic excuse, but it's an honest one! :ohwell:

Not a problem - chocolate can be your fuel! Just swim hard. I know someone who eats terribly but has a lean, ripped body because he trains hard. If you enjoy swimming, then you get to do a lot more of what you enjoy. :-)