the olympians bodies.

Options

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    unfortunately there arent many olympians who are as boobalicious ...

I too find it unfortunate that there is a lack of boobs on women olympians.

As posted by Sicki:
    Football has the World Cup. Golf has the Ryder Cup. Tennis has the Davis Cup. Women's athletics has the A-Cup.

(I don't mind small breasts, anyway.)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    they all are toned and make it look so easy... :)
  • caroleena
    Options
    I'd swap my boobs for the rest of Jessica Ennis' bod any day!!
  • ru4art2
    ru4art2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this back when I was doing a lot of swimming and then it popped up again with the Olympics. I like how the gymnasts have good, strong legs and arms, but I also like the lean-ness of the runners. The thing is-I love to swim and workout, but I don't want a swimmer or body builder's body! haha
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
  • ru4art2
    ru4art2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was a national swim champion as a child but gave up because I am a big-boobed shortarse. Regardless of training there is a limit to how fast you can get when you dont have the limb span of a competition level swimmer. I still love swimming but..there you go.

This is very true. I am tall and have decent sized feet, but about average sized shoulders. Needless to say, I may be more competitive in either swimming or volleyball. However, when I was young, I wanted to be a gymnast or an ice skater....until I realized that tall people don't often do too well in those sports.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want to have a body like heptathlete Jessica Ennis.

Can't see it really happening, but it's an aspiration!
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd love Ronda Rouseys body!!

rhondawins.jpg

ronda-rousey-06.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I noticed a couple of things. 1 – many of those athletes also lift for their sport. College swimmers spend time in the weight room, it’s not just about what they do in the pool. This goes for many sports. Your cardio is going to have impact on your shape, but really changing your shape away from the one that god gave you requires weights. For example, I was a swimmer who always had broad hips and now I am a woman who has broad hips and shoulders because I lift. 2 – The compression suits that the swimmers wear changes their shape and eventuates their shoulders. Not saying that they don’t have broad shoulders, but the shape of the suit, the material they’re made from, and the fact that they totally compress anything that may resemble boobs kind of does take a lot of femininity out of the ladies.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yeah, an Olympic swimmer's body has a lot more to do with the time in the weight room than the time in the pool.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My Olympic twin is apparently Kelly Edwards from Judo but if I could really choose anyone, I always thought Shannon Miller had a beautiful body.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't want to look like an Olympian? I wanna keep my big boobs, thank you very much. I know the swim suits and uniforms don't help and they probably bind or whatever but still. I still wouldn't want to be mistaken for a boy while competing. So fit and feminine for me thanks. For the record, I'm impressed they are able to achieve that level of fitness, it's just not for me. >.<
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My Olympic Twin is Delphine Reau - her sport is shooting, which is funny, because I used to do that too. But then i knew plenty of beer-bellied old men who excelled at that sport :wink: so it doesn't have a specific body type.

I love how toned the swimmers are, but find them too big in the shoulders. But unless one works really hard at them, i don't think there's a chance of developing such shoulders accidentally :tongue:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Not all weight lifters are cut mind.. the 65+ class had a lot of women who were very heavy, But boy could they lift! Their own body weight is not a factor unless two competitors draw first place, in which lightest girl would win.

There is a big difference b/w bodybuilding and power lifting. Power lifters are generally not very cut because they're more concerned with overall muscle mass as opposed to body composition.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    Lawrence Okoye - GBR discus - 6ft 6 - 21 stone... so scale it down to 6ft for me and I would be perfectly happy at that.

Dude is a monster

Lawrence+Okoye

what does he do???
    other then make me love him lol!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    On the BBC website you can find out which one you already have!! It compares your height and weight against the athletes competing. I came out as a weightlifter from Ecuador.....fortunately a female one!!!

Yes, I tried it and I was the same as a weightlifter too From Chile, LOL. Yes, female lifter:laugh:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that I would love to have a booty like those olympic volleyball players. They are strong and sexy. Well definied arms and legs and tummy too! I would insert a pic but I am not sure how to do that.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yeah, an Olympic swimmer's body has a lot more to do with the time in the weight room than the time in the pool.

While the time in the weight room is obviously a factor, it's doubtful that the difference in physiques between different types of athelets is not also affected by the incredibly massive amount of sport specifc training they do.
  • smarty3
    smarty3 Posts: 11
    Options
    Beach volleyball!!! Those girls look so good!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    If you click on the below link, you can enter in your height and weight, and it will tell you which Olympian you are most like! Apparently, I am build like a Russian shot-put athlete. This time next year, I want to be an Australian swimmer. LOL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139