NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone. Just popping in to say hello and let you know I am still alive and kicking. My hours changed at work and it cut into my evening computer time by quite a bit. I am still out here and logging every day though and sticking with my plan.

Take care all. :flowerforyou:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,110 Member
    Options
    @Skiiny - you wrote:
    @robin--I should have guessed you are left-handed--you seem like a creative right-brained person (which means likely left-handed). I am actually a rare left-brained, left-hander--so people expect to have this really creative streak, but I'm mostly analytical and logical.

I'm left-handed as well. It's been an odd life however. I played tennis left-handed, batted right-handed, golfed right-handed, use the mouse on my computer with my right hand, and on it goes. Apparently I'm quite confused. Goes with my interests I guess: undergrad degree in French and English, graduate degree in Business w/statistics emphasis.

Just could never make up my mind. HA.

Long may the left prosper (so to speak).

Lin

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goal- to keep going, even though my hip won't. I felt so blessed to wake up on Sunday pain free. I did great at the Renaissance Festival, and didn't go as hard as I normally would have. Monday, I woke up with pain, but not nearly as bad as it had been. Yesterday's walk was so painful that I realized that I have to take it easy for awhile. I can still lose weight, by only eating healthy, right? Perhaps rest is truly what my hip needs.

I hope you all are having a fantabulously spectacular Tuesday, filled with joy (and nutritious choices).

For those of you having a rough time: This too shall pass. You have likely overcome or seen many hardships in your life. Taking control of your health - well you've got this one. You CAN do it. :drinker:

For those of you encountering victory: YAY!!! See? You CAN do it. :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Skiiny - you wrote:
    @robin--I should have guessed you are left-handed--you seem like a creative right-brained person (which means likely left-handed). I am actually a rare left-brained, left-hander--so people expect to have this really creative streak, but I'm mostly analytical and logical.

I'm left-handed as well. It's been an odd life however. I played tennis left-handed, batted right-handed, golfed right-handed, use the mouse on my computer with my right hand, and on it goes. Apparently I'm quite confused. Goes with my interests I guess: undergrad degree in French and English, graduate degree in Business w/statistics emphasis.

Lin

I'm similar--use my right hand for the computer mouse, play tennis left-handed, use scissors with my right hand (mom tried to buy me those "lefty" scissors as a kid but I just used right-handed ones), I'm a switch-hitter so can bat either way, and even taught myself to take notes left-handed in college to save my hand from cramping.

I also struggled with my choice of studies. Entered college with the intention of being an English teacher, but veered into Psychology. After getting my Bachelor of Science in psych, I went back to get my teaching certificate with an endorsement to teach English. Oh, and I hate math, but I LOVE statistics!! :laugh:
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know I already posted but I just want to add that I took Step 1 to Goal 1 tonight... I bought myself new, "good" running shoes! Jogging starts tomorrow. :)

Good night everyone!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Skiiny - you wrote:

Lin

I'm similar--use my right hand for the computer mouse, play tennis left-handed, use scissors with my right hand (mom tried to buy me those "lefty" scissors as a kid but I just used right-handed ones), I'm a switch-hitter so can bat either way, and even taught myself to take notes left-handed in college to save my hand from cramping.

I also struggled with my choice of studies. Entered college with the intention of being an English teacher, but veered into Psychology. After getting my Bachelor of Science in psych, I went back to get my teaching certificate with an endorsement to teach English. Oh, and I hate math, but I LOVE statistics!! :laugh:

I'm fairly ambidexterous myself, even as a kid I talk myself to write with my toes for fun! Only sport I ever excelled at was swimming, I had no depth perception for ball sports. Wanted to be a writer or artist in college but dropped out to care for my mom, and became an LPN after moms death at age 21. Then went into medical sales, where I really excelled and did some travelling. Landed back in Omaha and worked as a neurosurgeon's assistant for 17 years where I helped with the residency program. Oh and I used to love math - I got as far as calculus and that was in the old days before calculators!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    I know I already posted but I just want to add that I took Step 1 to Goal 1 tonight... I bought myself new, "good" running shoes! Jogging starts tomorrow. :)

Good night everyone!!

Yay!! :drinker:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goal: Keep up with this amazing thread! Also, continue cutting down on the soda. I made it from regular's to diet. I also want to eat more veggies!!!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Joe, that Top 10 list is awesome. Did you write it or find it? Either way, thanks for sharing it.

Aug, I like your new profile. :smile: I hope the new approach works out for you. I have found that MFP overestimates my cardio calorie burn, and of course it's hard to estimate what lifting burns (I log it but ignore the numbers).

Skinnyjeanz, if you quit losing when you cranked up your cals to match your HRM burn estimate, you may be right that this is just too many cals for you.

Drat. Just forgot the other person I meant to respond to.

Tuesday goal: complete tonight's workout, then another week of YAYOG, by Sunday night. That gets me back on schedule.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Skinnyjeanz, if you quit losing when you cranked up your cals to match your HRM burn estimate, you may be right that this is just too many cals for you.

Yeah, I was on the verge of switching back to MFP's calorie estimates, but then the scale started moving down the past few weeks. I'm going to go a couple more using my HRM numbers to see what happens. If the scale stalls again, I will probably change to MFP numbers for a while.
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals:
    Make sure I log EVERYTHING that I eat just to be honest with myself.
    Pick up on my reading that I've been neglecting.
    See if I can still sign up for the 5K this weekend. I want to try it and see how I do; then work to improve on it for next year. I know I can walk the distance I just want to see how long it will take me.
    Start getting my stuff together and order my textbooks for school. Been waiting on my financial aid to come in and had to call them today to get their butts in gear and transfer the money to my account. Hopefully it comes in by Friday.
    Buy new sneakers I been wearing these for way too long!!

I had a bad food day today but, tomorrow is a another day. Have a nice one everyone.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The list of 10 things I've learnt that Joe added to the thread is great.

So Wednesday Wish - this one is non-weight related, but it is to start making sales on my etsy store, and another nutrition type one, that I can work out where my stop drinking alocohol button.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That I can get some energy the morning after a workout. Thank God today is my rest day. Last night I ran a different route not knowing what it was like. It was FILLED with long hills that KILLED me. I made it through and ended up running 3.6 miles!!! I was psyched when I looked at my run tracker but didn't jump up and down because I was still really tired:laugh: Good thing though, I'm back to 276 and hoping to continue to go down. I have another run planned for tomorrow that'll be around 3 miles and I hope increasing these runs helps get me where I want to be before the end of next month. I'm also thinking about running a mile tonight just to get a short run in. I still can't believe a mile is a short run for me now.

Cheers to everyone and make today a great one!
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: To get to sleep earlier...5 and a half hours is just not enough sleep :grumble:
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: to make it through the next couple of months with work and being able to carve out some time to workout.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,110 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - I'll just ask for the same thing as last week: that something good happens today. You know that feeling when you receive something totally unexpected (and positive) that just delights you? That's what I want.

Anyone want to calculate the probability involved with this event?

Oh, and Happy 100th Birthday Julia Child. The lady who made me feel not so bad about being 5 ft 11 in---towering over most of my classmates in high school.

Here's to Julia and to you. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Wishing everyone a happy day filled with excellent choices.

Lin
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Wishing Wednesday- I wish I could run forever without getting tired or winded!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Well Belle woke me up at 6:30 this morning to go on her walk:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I didn't mind taking her but would have liked another couple of hours sleep as I didn't get to bed until after 2am. I see a nap in my future really soon.

Just had to mention I too am left-handed, Learning to crochet was a challenge as mother was right handed. Use mouse and scissors right-handed as that was just easier. Hate, hate, hate math, was creative, not as much any more.

Lin, I was going to say something about your post but forgot already, way to sleepy. I'll think of it later.

Wednesday wish, other than Belle would sleep until 8am I wish to weigh under 250 by my doc. appt. in mid-October. I'm at 261.5 so think that is a reasonable wish. I also wish all my friends here have a wonderful day and don't take yourselves too seriously today.

Christine
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well made it to wednesday. I had some great news from my husband last night. After thousands and thousands in medical bills the last few years his compay is now going to start offering health insurance. He was filling out the paperwork last night. It is going to be such a nice change to not have to worry anymore if one of us needs to go see a doctor. My wish for today is to have more patience with myself in all areas of my life. I tend to be very hard on myself if I dont do everything exctly the way I had planned.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I'm a lefty as well but I only write with my left hand, Everything else is right handed.

Wednesday wish - I could pull out of this funk I'm stuck in. Also that junk food had no calories so I could eat my way through this funk. :grumble:

Shouldn't complain. Scale is moving (even if I'm not)