Be honest

Options

Replies

• eliciafelix
    Options
    I work out for me! It's soooo boring but after 50 mins of cardio, I feel great!!!! Plus i want to get into my size 4s again... :)
  • bobbymathews
    bobbymathews Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my kid is actually one of the reasons i'm doing this. not the only one, but one of them. i was edging into heart attack/stroke territory at the ripe old age of 41. since then i've dropped 40 lbs and counting. my kid is 16 months old. i'd like to see him grow up if it's at all possible.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    this also minus the dudes part lol
    To look hot and mack dudes. Are there other reasons?
    this too
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hate how I look in my clothes, I don't want to have to start taking a pillbox of medications in a few years for diseases I can prevent, I do have a 4yo daughter I need to be there for and also my husband, those are certainly valid reasons, but they're not my #1.....*I* am #1! no one else is expected to look after me! so if I don't do it, I'm hosed!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I enjoy working out. I enjoy being fit and health. And yes, I enjoy looking good too.
  • Bostoncoffee
    Bostoncoffee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Because I wanted to be the best 50 I could be when my birthday comes around. Also, I started feeling like a stuff sauage in my favorite jeans. Not happy about that. And vain vain, I like it when the mirror says "you go girl". LOL
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy (ish) so my kids learn better habits than I did.....I workout because I want to be hot, super hot!
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is simple to answer! I want to look my best! Always! I love clothing! and to look good in what I wear matters to me! I don't want back fat, lap fat or any bulge at all! I also don't want to look like a skinny rail! Sleek muscle tone looks great on women and men who are ripped look and feel great! Lets face it we are all visual people! :glasses:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    First of all 5'9" and 150 pounds is perfect weight! So whatever to the comment she made. If you want to be smaller, that is your choice not her. I am 5'8" and 154 and height weight proportioned, just at the age of 40 I would like to tone up. I like to be thick and would never want to smaller than a size 7, and of course that is what I want to look like, because it is about me not them.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people hit a point in their life that makes them want to change! Some just do it for a few a short period of time. I do it because i like the gym, I haven't got kids, I want to be fitter. As a kid/early teen I was fit as a flea, then I met injuries, injuries and more injuries!! I started playing pool n darts as i couldn't play active sports. This went on for years. I started football a few years back once a week but it used to take me 8 days to recover. The place we played at closed and I thought I need to do something. Nearly 3 years on and 4 stone lighter I am happy'ish with my results. I have just found my mojo again and i want to finish off what i started and get in to decent shape, mentally, physically.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Honestly I work out so that I can feel good, look good and eat more! :)

This. I also really want to be a good role model for my kid. My folks were SO unhealthy when I was little. I didn't know what it meant to properly take care of my body. I see all the health issues they both have now (pretty much all weight related) and there's no way I'm going down that path too!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    1) To look good naked (mostly this, in all honesty).

2) To not become a lifelong customer/slave to the pharmaceutical industry and their never-ending string of medications.

3) To be able to continue being athletic and enjoying the things I like to do.

4) To make people say "Damn, I can't believe he's <insert age here>!!!"

5) But mostly it's that looking good naked thing.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have been working out everyday, but that will probably not be the case once I start university in September. And I workout because I want to feel good in my body while being healthy at the same time. I strive to in the future find a good balance between what I want to eat and exercise.
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    Honestly I work out so that I can feel good, look good and eat more! :)

What she said :happy:
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I'm losing weight for myself and for my fiance. He only weighs 135 lbs (he has a REALLY fast metabolism), and I used to weigh 200 lbs. So I looked really huge compared to him. Now that I've lost a bunch of weight I feel much better about wearing tight clothes and going out in public without a baggy shirt on. :happy:
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    I want to look hot in a pair of skinny jeans......
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I want my booty back...oh and to live longer :laugh:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I want to look good...Shallow, yes, but that is my number 1 priority...to look muscular and fit. Right now I couldn't care less about the health benefits!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I wan't to be a size 6 again lol I have more confidence the better I look. Really not thinking about health yet. maybe in ten years :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    To look hot and mack dudes. Are there other reasons?

This! I'm not married!