1 hour at home workout

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am doing Couch to 5K in my bedroom. Also, I am doing resistance bands, calisthenics and toning exercises.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    IMO you already have the best workout at home DVD, that being 30 day shred. I know Jillian can be a little repetitive, and Level 1 can be a little boring, but just move to Level 2 a little earlier and use heavier weights. It's only 20 minutes a day and it works. I finished it in about 40 days and saw great results. So much so that I bought Ripped In 30 and did that one, too! I'm looking forward to doing 6 Week 6 Pack next.

No workout DVD on it's own will give you results...any workout you do can get repetitive if you've seen it before. You need to commit to giving it your all. You may not see results at first but stick to it and you will.

My results from 30 day shred and Ripped in 30....

Ripped-In-30-Day17-results-01.gif
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Freetrainers.com :)

I find it hard to stick to a home routine aswell, but this gives you a calender of what to do and when to do it - very helpful! :)
  • twoosugars
    Options
    Davina's three 30 min workout dvd is good
    If im having a lazy day ill do one 30 min session on a good day I might do two.
    Burn about 250-280 cals per session
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Check out TABATA training, its brilliant.

In one hour you will be sweating bullets, and wiped out.
  • timeforloss92
    Options
    If you go on youtube and look up body rock tv, It is literally the best home workout in my opinion, And they have such a wide selection depending on how extreme you would like it to be
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you like to change things up try looking through this youtube page. I'm not sure if you can workout in the same room as the PC but it has a lot of different vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit/videos?view=0
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    leslie sansone walk away the pounds. On youtube. she sets the pace at 5 miles an hour... so they burn alot!!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of working out at home, however with a baby & one income going to the gym is not an option right now. I would really loveeee if someone could suggest a high calorie burning workout I could do at home. Doesn't necessarily need to be a video, it could just be a routine. I was doing 30ds but stopped on day 8.. I'm good for starting things but never finishing them. =/ I'd like to break that habit and maybe someone here could help me with some fun yet effective exercises i can do at home. Thanks :)

If I do not get a chance to run outside or go to the gym to do cardio I do this workout at home. For 20 mins ill do a variation of running up the stairs, Jumping jacks, burpees, locomotive and pushups. It really gets your heart racing
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Order the TurboFire DVD's....They are so fun and you can change your calorie burn by either doing low impact or high impact. combination of kickboxing, aerobics, and dance....
    Also if money is an option right now you can go to the original Beachbody website and get your Turbofire in 6 month payments at $19.95 each month. You can get several of their workouts at 3 month payment plans but Turbofire lets you do the 6 month. Don't order from TeamBeachbody.com or you'll pay full price go here instead ---http://www.beachbody.com/category/fitness_programs/best_sellers.do
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    IMO you already have the best workout at home DVD, that being 30 day shred. I know Jillian can be a little repetitive, and Level 1 can be a little boring, but just move to Level 2 a little earlier and use heavier weights. It's only 20 minutes a day and it works. I finished it in about 40 days and saw great results. So much so that I bought Ripped In 30 and did that one, too! I'm looking forward to doing 6 Week 6 Pack next.

No workout DVD on it's own will give you results...any workout you do can get repetitive if you've seen it before. You need to commit to giving it your all. You may not see results at first but stick to it and you will.

My results from 30 day shred and Ripped in 30....

Nice job! And I second this. I'm on day 20 of the 30 day shred and it does get a bit repetitive but I HAVE to do it because I'm getting results. I mix it with additional cardio (elliptical) - and on off days from the shred - I use Yoga Meltdown or Shred It with weights. I'll have to look into the ripped in 30 one. Honeslty I've had the 30 day shred DVD for a few years - and I literally just took it out of the plastic about a month ago. The first few days suck - but it does get easier - and it's worth it. I haven't hit level 3 yet - but level two pushes me now. The idea of going to a library is a great one too - that way you can "shop" around and find the good fit for you.

*edit* Also - walking (and pushing a stroller). I miss those days myself (SC Heat) but looking forward to this fall when my toddler and I can get back outside more consistenly.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Check out youtube. There are plenty of free workouts on there

God... so true!
  • ML72
    ML72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids and also can't get to a gym so I use workout DVDs. My favorite is Cathe Friedrich. She is a great instructor. HIIT, Afterburn, Crossfire or really any of her DVDs are great calorie blasters! She's fantastic.... cathe.com
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    leslie sansone walk away the pounds. On youtube. she sets the pace at 5 miles an hour... so they burn alot!!!

5 MPH ? - No way! I'm not knocking Leslie, I credit her for getting me off my butt in the first place. Top speed (unless you are jogging the whole time) is closer to 4 MPH. I cannot possibly WALK at 5 MPH .... I've tried this on a treadmill.

Try her Walk at Home series instead ....music is audible, DVDs are nicely chaptered ... DVDs have some nice features that youtube can't match. Maybe rent from Netflix or the library.
  • elfhunter724
    Options
    I have an Xbox with the K'Nect and use UFC Trainer and the Just Dance (I know, but it's soo fun) for my workouts when I dont feel like jogging or going to the gym!
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Can you get a jump rope, you can jump rope, do kickboxing, hip hop, zumba, step, circuit training dvds, walk/run/bike/skate outside, etc.
  • pammyd76
    pammyd76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had to go away for work this past week so i downloaded from Youtube some Billy Blanks Tae Bo. Now according to MFP, a 25 min Tae Bo workout burns around 700+ calories - which I can believe - I could not get through the 25 min beginner workout!!! Anyway, he works all muscles - heaps on the arms, legs and tummy. I'll be including this a couple of times a week I think.
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    Walking stairs, I used to do Tae Bo and yoga. those would be my suggestions
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 month old and a one year old. I feel you. I do bodyrock, because they are mapped out for me, I love HIIT workouts they kick my *kitten*. I also do a dip and squat workout with the little one strapped to me. You'll feel that. For DVDs, Insanity, The Firm are my faves. I just got Brazilian Buttlift and I have to say I loooove it.
  • kattaw
    kattaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love doing blogilates on YouTube (youtube.com/blogilates). It's pilates, and if you sign up for the newsletter on blogilates.com, you'll get access to a new workout calendar every month. She also posts playlists of the daily workouts for those calendars, so you really don't even need the newsletter. Those playlists are typically about 50 minutes, and it's a great mix of strength, flexibility, and cardio (though sometimes the cardio is admittedly a little lacking unless you're doing her HIIT workouts).