Runners, what race are you training for right now??

Options

Replies

• gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    Nothing at the moment. Being a uni student that works full time (usually on weekends) it is very hard to get to races. I've decided not to travel to races for a couple of years... hopefully by then uni will be complete and I may even have a Mon-Fri job.

So I wait for local races... there are two per year in my town and I just completed one last weekend (my first ever!) I'm having withdrawals already, hehe. I am going to just start to increase my distances again. I have already increased my running sessions and have started to add some hill runs. But I'm really focusing on my distance.
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am running the US Air Force half in September and the Marine Corps Full in October........anyone else doing these races???

Dave
  • afrazier02
    Options
    1st marathon CIM in Sacramento,Ca Dec :bigsmile:
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    CASA of SETX 5K to raise funds for abused and neglected children
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon in Dallas Dec 9th. Probably a local 5K in October as well.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Husband and I are training for 3 1/2's and 1 full before the end of the year.

I do various 5ks throughout the year, I have a 10k due in October, my first half marathon will be June next year.
  • Nursejordan84
    Nursejordan84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am not training for a Race per say. Last August with the Help of myfitness pal and C25k. I trained and lost almost 30 lbs. I completed a 5k this past December. I loved it. I am hoping to do another one. Not anytime soon as I am a FULL Time nursing Student. I run/walk/jog on my Lunch hours.. LOL its mostly walking due to a hurt shoulder.. But at least I can say I am trying right?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Currently registered for
    Chicago Marathon (October 7th)
    Reach the Beach distance relay (Sept 14-15th)

I may throw a trail half in there somewhere
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    On a bit of a health related hiatus right now, but I am registered to run a 5k in November in honor of my friend's husband who lost his life to cancer. Even if I have to walk, I am doing it!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The Omaha 1/2 Marathon, Sep 23rd. My second 1/2 this year...and ever, for that matter. Found out a couple of weeks ago there is a 2 mile hill on the course.
    Hope it's not bad form to quote your own post...I forgot to add that I'm running the Boxer 500 Colon Cancer Awarenes 5k this Sunday (12 Aug.)
  • _Dara_
    _Dara_ Posts: 19
    Options
    Race the Reaper on Sept. 1st. It's a 10K obstacle course race.
  • dellafiora3395
    dellafiora3395 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a 7k this coming Sunday
    A 5k on Sept 1
    Another 5k on Sept 29
    Running on a team for the PA Ragnar Relay Oct 5-6! :D
    And then a HM on Nov 11

And I'm also on the cross-country team, so about four or so races in for that
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The first time i heard that question at a running store i didn't make eye contact with anyone as it felt so foreign and felt like a scared little girl just getting running shoes to "walk"...
    Now i proudly can answer... "ah a few... a tough mudder in October, a 5k benefit for my aunt in Nov (was actually going for a record in age group until injury), a Run the Bridge 10k, and then off to get my time down for a half marathon in March.. and whatever falls in between"

oh my, how less than a year took me to the first 5k that created a monster out of that scared little shoe buyer (I never predicted I'd be running through electric wires in a TM that's for sure)

I wish everyone the best of luck in all their races :-)
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My first ever 5k! For The Autism Society of NC...October 13th :bigsmile:
  • 2wiceOver
    Options
    Warrior Dash MN II Sept. 8th. My first event since losing 80 pounds.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon!!!
  • classictoaster
    Options
    September 8th - Color Me Rad 5K

My very first 5K... :') Not intense by any means, but a HUGE step for me! I've been training hard!
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Los Angeles Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon on Oct. 28.

I'm might throw a 5k in this month or next to see how my training is progressing.

After that the Orange County (CA) Marathon (full) in May 2013.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a healthy life :tongue:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    There is a 5 mile run across the Mackinaw Bridge on Labor Day weekend that I'd like to do. Right now my furthest is 3.5 miles but hope to be up to 4.5 in the next two weeks.