Runners, what race are you training for right now??

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm running my second half marathon, the Great Birmingham Run, UK, in October.

I'm also going to do a 10k at a local running club on 28 August, as part of my training for that.

I'm in the ballot for the London marathon 2013, if I don't get in, I have my eye on Barcelona....
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first half in October - Freedom's Run - Shepherdstown, WV
  • sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My first full marathon - Victoria BC Oct. 7!
    Maui Oceanfront half marathon - Jan 2013
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    jeesh i think im the only non-bib collector here!!! I have mapped out my own half marathon where I live which I am going to attempt sometime in october :-)..but i dont think i have the legs to do it..we shall see :-)

If I manage it, then Toronto Waterfront in 2013 or one of the San Francisco/Bay area marathons ...my dream would be to do the safaricom marathon at Lewa game reserve in Kenya, but it's not a good one for beginners due to the severe heat and high altitude..and if that dosn't kill you, the lions and cape buffalo probably will.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    jeesh i think im the only non-bib collector here!!! I have mapped out my own half marathon where I live which I am going to attempt sometime in october :-)..but i dont think i have the legs to do it..we shall see :-)

If I manage it, then Toronto Waterfront in 2013 or one of the San Francisco/Bay area marathons ...my dream would be to do the safaricom marathon at Lewa game reserve in Kenya, but it's not a good one for beginners due to the severe heat and high altitude..and if that dosn't kill you, the lions and cape buffalo probably will.

You just haven't *tried* racing yet.... Talk to me again once you've done your first one... :-)
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    not training for any right now but for those running The Marine Corps Marathon, you will love it. Ran it 4 times as a Marine. The support and scenery is outstanding. Semper Fi.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Tough Mudder Birmimgham UK 2013...not technically a race but a challenge!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just started running in June. So I'm scheduled for a 5k on Friday and then another in October. Doing a 3.8 mile race in December and then I will work on training for 10k's... taking it slow. i do want to do a half marathon eventually but i know that will take some training
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Tough Mudder on September 9, if I live :) a half marathon in November.
    You are the onnly other person i have found who is planning a Tough Mudder!! No one else seems to even know what is is!! Mine isnt til next year but training already!!! Please let me know how it goes!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 10K trail run on the 19. It will be my first trail race..... kinda skerd. My 6yo is doing her first 1 mile race that same AM. :)<3. I may do the Tough Mudder in Sept. IDKY. I do what ever pops up and looks good ATM lol.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have a full slate for the next year:

8/19/12 - Hansen Dam Sprint Triathlon (500m swim/ 12mi bike/3 mi trail run)
    9/16/12 - Nautica Malibu Classic Triathlon (800m ocean swim/18mi bike/4 mi run)
    11/10/12 - Santa Barbara 1/2 Marathon
    1/18/13 - Temecula Valley 1/2 marathon
    2/9/13 - Live Ultimate LA 10K
    5/19?/13 - Great Wall of China Marathon (Woo hoo!!)
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder-September 22nd
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Long term- my 3rd 1/2 marathon, the BAA 1/2 in October in Boston.

Short term- a few 5 and 10ks in the boston area.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Haven't quite started the training yet.. but I'm working on the Rex Healthcare Half Marathon (Raleigh NC) on November 4th and the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Jan 12 2013.

Training "officially" starts in September, but of course I'm still running my normal weekly sets, that's just when the ramp up in mileage starts.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner yet but my workout buddy and I are going to do the C25k program! So excited!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    not training for any right now but for those running The Marine Corps Marathon, you will love it. Ran it 4 times as a Marine. The support and scenery is outstanding. Semper Fi.

Thank you for your service! I've heard that is an incredible race.
  • sflowerssweeney
    sflowerssweeney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :heart: I am a nurse and graduated 5 years ago, so very proud of you. We nurses know how tough the curriculum is. You keep that workout going throughout but don't stress it. Just do what you can. You go girl!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon on September 1st (yikes! that's close!) - my first half!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have 3:

10/21/12 - TMC Get Moving Tucson Half Marathon (It climbs A Mountain which is a 509 foot elevation gain over 1.5 miles OUCH!)
    12/2/12 - RNR Las Vegas Half Marathon
    1/21/13 - RNR Arizona Half Marathon

Looking to add a few more before the end of the race season next March.
  • sflowerssweeney
    sflowerssweeney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just trying to get thorugh this Southern MD heat, but signed up for a 5K for a good cause in Baltimore MD the 3rd week in September. Already had a 8K in March and would like to hit a 10K before I attempt a half-marathon. I just started running when I turned 50 so can't expect too much.