What do you listen to when you run?

Options

Replies

• 1MoreRep91
    Options
    Beethoven, Guitar solos.. Laugh all ya want ;) It keeps me calm and helps me with the whole breathing thing.
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Black eyes peas, Flo Rida, Justin Bieber (Embarrassing, I know)

I'll admit it too...I also have a Justin Bieber song :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My own thoughts. The sound of nature around me. The wind through the trees. The sound of my footfalls on the road.
  • linusr
    linusr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here's why I don't listen to anything while I run: Years ago my friend was running with her Walkman and didn't hear the car behind her' she stepped in front of it, got hit, and was lucky all she broke was her leg.

I run outdoors, and I want to hear the vehicles around me.
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So my new running mix is all over the place. It all songs that I enjoy and some are songs I haven't listened to in awhile. I decided to shuffle my songs instead of trying to create a set song order. Here is a sample of what I came up with:
    The Hardest Ever-will.i.am
    Won't Back Down-Eminem
    Wild Ones-Flo Rida
    The Devil Went Down to Georgia-Charlie Daniels
    Black and Yellow-Wiz Khalifa
    Jump Around-House of Pain
    What's a Girl Gotta Do-Basement Jaxx featuring Paloma Faith
    Heart Breaker-Pat Benatar
    I love Rock-n-Roll-Joan Jett
    Kyoto-Skrillex
    Titanium-David Guetta and Sia
  • Hibiscus1984
    Options
    I like a mix of The Hives (never a slow song!), KMFDM, Amanda Palmer, Franz Ferdinand, Rob Zombie, Florence + the Machine, The Black Ghosts, Does it Offend You, Yeah? (yes, that is the band's name), MIA. Pretty eclectic, but it keeps me energized.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i listen to my heart beating lol n my friend chatting away
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My breathing and my feet touching the ground (hopefully as lightly as possible).
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Red and Linkin Park are my running buddies.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    my supportive husband quoting Rocky and telling me that Mickey loves me. it's hard to jog while you are laughing.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
  • dbarchus
    dbarchus Posts: 42
    Options
    LOL I listen to talk radio and politics....that's a good way to get one's heart beat going :)
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    I just put on a station on pandora, but usually tune it out anyways! Lol. Running is my time to just think and forget about everything I don't want to deal with. I go to my happy place and think about whatever I feel like thinking about and I don't have to do anything I don't want to. It's MY time for ME! It is nice though to have some background music so I don't have to hear my panting!!!! I like Jack Johnson, it's nice and peaceful and sets me in a good mood for a good day
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I listen to nature until I start wheezing too loud.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Usually Mindless Self Indulgence and Crystal Castles.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the sounds of nature. ............Or in my case, the sounds of the city.
  • maryhadalamb17
    Options
    I watch downloaded TV shows or anime. They're usually about 30 minutes long too. And it takes my eyes off the timer (and hence eyes off it too) so I don't think about "how much longer do I have to run".
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Here's why I don't listen to anything while I run: Years ago my friend was running with her Walkman and didn't hear the car behind her' she stepped in front of it, got hit, and was lucky all she broke was her leg.

I run outdoors, and I want to hear the vehicles around me.
    A car ran into me while jogging in my neighborhood. Thankfully I wasn't seriously injured. Ever since then I now use the elliptical that my best friend gave me because she didn't like me running outside.