The retrospective: 'I can't believe I used to eat that'

Options

Replies

• MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    - Breakfasts a few years ago consisting of a bowl of frosted mini wheats and a 20oz of Pepsi. (440 calories, but just thinking of all that sugar is sickening)
    - I used to eat an entire 40-count bag of Pizza rolls in one sitting. (1333 calories)
    - When I went to Olive Garden, I'd usually pack away 8 or more breadsticks, 2 bowls of minestrone, and a plate of manocotti. (2260 + however many glasses of Pepsi @_@)
    - I'd get a sampler platter at Buffalo Wild Wings all to myself.. (1520 calories + 2 glasses of Pepsi)
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I used to split two packs of those instant ramen noodles with my mom often for lunch.
    Rice cakes, eugh. I don't know why I ever ate those.
    My regular order at mcdonald's years ago (this would happen like 1-3x a week, it varied) was large fries, large coke and a crispy chicken burger plain.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hobnob's Milk Chocolate biscuits. Yes the entire packet! WIth a cup of tea with lots of milk and about 3 spoonfuls of sugar!
    cals - 1,440 protein - 21 fat - 72 sat fat - 35 carbs - 189
    I would eat a packet usually on the weekend.
    When I was pregnant for breakfast I would have a massive bowl of porrige with loads of sugar. 2 chocolate croissants. An entire pack of Mr Kiplings French Fancies. My god I could put it away
    I'd also have a take away pizza on the weekends and could finish an extra large in one sitting. Now if I do treat myself I can just about get through half a medium haha
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Somehow I find this thread super motivating, so I feel compelled to spill my guts about my past guilty pleasure. My favorite meal out was this one at Olive Garden:

Salad
    3 Breadsticks
    Lasagna
    White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Calories = 2,310
    Fat = 125
    Sodium = 5,190

This meal alone is only 90 calories short of my total calorie goal for TWO days! Ugh! I still eat at Olive Garden, but now I share a plate of ravioli with marinara sauce with my daughter, limit the breadsticks, and skip the dessert. I've also swapped out soup for the salad, as the salad dressing has crazy high calories. All things in moderation is my new mantra, and fortunately it's working!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I used to have my McD's order memorized ---

Big Mac x1 (heavy sauce please!)
    Chicken McNuggets x20 (with BBQ sauce)
    Large Fries
    Large Sweet Tea

Total Calories -- 2370

No wonder I got fat.....DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!
  • sydneytomunich
    sydneytomunich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was worst for alcohol. I would easily drink 3 hard ciders a night - around 220 cals per bottle, so I was drinking almost 700 cals per day without any food on top. I might have one every 2-3 days now. I also switched to lighter wine or wine and soda when I go out - better for waistline and liver.

I used to have Kahlua and Coke whenever I drank. Would have had at least 2 cans worth, plus the sugary Kahlua. Even the thought of it makes me feel nauseous! I've switched to Vodka and Sodawater now. Much better for hangover as well :)
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    McDonalds was my FAV!
    2 McChickens, Med fry, Large Sweet Tea

Calories- 1390 (OVER current alotment)
    Cholesterol- 65mg (22%)
    Protein- 34g
    Calories from Fat- 460
    Sodium- 1990mg (83%)
    Vitamin A- 190IU (4%)
    Total Fat- 51g (78%) (OVER!)
    Total Carbs- 200g (67%) (Almost 10x OVER)
    Vitamin C- 11mg (20%)
    Saturated Fat- 9g (44%)
    Dietary Fiber- 9g (34%)
    Calcium- 270mg (25%)
    Sugars- 82g
    Iron- 6mg (35%)
    Couldn't figure out how to do extra mayo on this thing so the REAL numbers are higher than this.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I went to college at a Big 10 school where there was a 'main street' with a TON of restaurants, and I lived on that main street. Almost daily, I would eat something disgusting. There was a place I *LOVED* called "FAT SANDWICH" and the sandwich I ate was called a "FAT F". It contained CHEESESTEAK, MOZZARELLA STICKS, CHICKEN FINGERS, MAYONAISE KETCHUP AND FRIES. I believe it was 1300 calories.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big eater of Pizza Hut. Eating a large pizza to myself, I couldn't believe when I found out it was over 3,000 calories just for the pizza, never mind a soft drink with it!

Actually makes me feel disgusted with myself now. Genuinely makes me think about everything I put in my mouth now, and if it's pizza, it's never more than 2-3 slices, and even then I am watching the calories like a HAWK! :)
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OK.. I use to eat at Chipotle or Five Guy, those were my two favorite places to eat... so here is my breakdown:

Chipoltle chicken Burrito w/veggies black beans, cheese, sour cream and Guacamole

TOTALS
    Calories: 1045
    Total Fat (g): 51.5
    Saturated Fat (g): 20
    Trans Fat: 0
    Cholesterol Fat (mg): 185
    Sodium (mg): 1810
    Carbohydrates (g): 91
    Dietary Fiber (g): 10
    Sugars (g): 6
    Protien (g): 54.5
    Vitamine A (%DV): 44%
    Vitamine C %DV): 56%
    Calcium (%DV): 52%
    Iron (%DV): 29%

Five Guys Little CB w/lettuce, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, mayo and A1 sauce

Calories: 774
    Cal from Fat: 450
    Total Fat (g): 50
    Sat Fat (g): 20
    Cholesterol (mg) 110
    Sodium (mg): 1,760
    Carbs (g): 58.5
    Fiber (g): 2
    Sugars (g): 11.5
    Protien (g): 27

YIKES... WOW, now I can't even think about eating at any one these places. To think I use to wonder why I wasn't shedding the pounds but was working out.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a cinnamon roll for breakfast every morning, topped with melted butter. Then on the side, I would have seasoned potatoes and a large sausage link. So I am now eating just slightly more calories all day than what I used to eat just for breakfast.
  • cannonfury2006
    cannonfury2006 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger with BBQ sauce on it, green beans(which had been cooked in butter), fries..with BBQ sauce poured on the fries and a big cup of cola.

That had to be about 1000 calories right there lol
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to eat something similar to the McDonalds meal - I used to get 2) 10 pc nugget meals with fries - LARGE! That was at my largest, five years ago - glad I'm not there anymore.

Recently before starting MFP, about a month or so before I ate 24 Krispy Kremes in a 24 hour period...........enough said, I feel disgusting just thinking about it!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I was never that into fast food either. I love things like pasta and bread. Naturally, I LOVE olive garden.

Here is what I would get ( no, not an "everyday" kinda thing, but on weekends and such):

salad (probably two servings): 300 20 3 1520 22 4 4
    AT LEAST 2 Breadsticks with garlic-butter spread 280 4 0 740 52 4 10
    steak gorgonzola 1310 73 41 2190 82 9 81

All in all, that comes to: 1890 calories...plus all the other stuff.
    yuck.

If you truly love pasta & bread, you're doing a disservice to yourself by going to Olive Garden anyway ;)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I used to hang out with my little sister on the occasional Saturday night. We would get junk food and movies.

Those nights I would consume 2,640 calories in dinner. We would split a little Caesar's pizza, split a 2 liter of Mt Dew and each have a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    KFC....It's so bad but soooo good!! Haha

I would have a wicked zinger tower burger meal (tower burger, 2 hot wings, beans, and fries) then I'd stop at mcDonalds for a McFlurry afterwards!! I'm guessing around 1500cals for the KFC and 400for the ice-cream...yea MFP soon put a stop to that one!!

We also regularly had Pizza, I'd have a dominos medium classic crust chicken and jalepeno pizza to myself with a side of chicken kickers - I'd feel good about myself if I "only" are 3/4 of the pizza :blushing: I cant even bring myself to calulate how many calories in that!! Oh and 2 pots of the garlic dip that is over 100cals a pot!!!!

Wow reading that back I'm surprised I'm not even bigger...I would have one of those probably once a week at least...
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    OK.. I use to eat at Chipotle or Five Guy, those were my two favorite places to eat... so here is my breakdown:

Chipoltle chicken Burrito w/veggies black beans, cheese, sour cream and Guacamole

TOTALS
    Calories: 1045
    Total Fat (g): 51.5
    Saturated Fat (g): 20
    Trans Fat: 0
    Cholesterol Fat (mg): 185
    Sodium (mg): 1810
    Carbohydrates (g): 91
    Dietary Fiber (g): 10
    Sugars (g): 6
    Protien (g): 54.5
    Vitamine A (%DV): 44%
    Vitamine C %DV): 56%
    Calcium (%DV): 52%
    Iron (%DV): 29%

YIKES... WOW, now I can't even think about eating at any one these places. To think I use to wonder why I wasn't shedding the pounds but was working out.

You can eat chipotle without being excessive...I used to get my veggie burrito bowl with a ton of rice, way way way too much.

now I limit myself a lot and I manage to stay at 400-450 calories and under 1,000mg of sodium. my veggie burrito bowl is also low in fat.

:)
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1 Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese
    1 10 piece chicken nugget

Calories 1220
    Cholesterol 225mg (74%)
    Protein 70g
    Calories from Fat 650
    Sodium 2260mg (94%)
    Vitamin A 550IU (10%)
    Total Fat 72g (111%)
    Total Carbs 72g (24%)
    Vitamin C 4mg (6%)
    Saturated Fat 24g (120%)
    Dietary Fiber 4g (17%)
    Calcium 330mg (35%)
    Trans Fat 3g
    Sugars 10g
    Iron 7.5mg (40%)

Haven't done that for a year, thank goodness. Now My favorite meal is Chipotle. Steak bowl, no rice, cheese or sour cream. Only 510 calories and I don't feel like I have to go lay down and take a nap after I eat it! :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    On my way home from work there's a Cane's, Taco Bell or Mcdonalds that I would always stop at. I wouldn't eat much at work so by 2:30 I would be starving and would pick up either a Caniac (whic is 6 fried chicken strips, fries, toast and cole slaw), an order of 3 supreme tacos and a nachos bell grande or a big mac meal and 10 piece chicken nugget. I'm sure all of those pass 1500 - 2000 calories and that was just for lunch. The Mcdonalds happens to be across the street from my home and I would walk there to get dinner thinking the walking was doing me good lol
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I loved my Timmies! (Tim Horton's - Canada's favorite doughnut shop)

Every morning XL coffee with 4 cream + 2 sugar ( 450 cal. 28g fat ) Sometimes I'd drink 2 or 3 a day. Then I'd add a Blueberry muffin or a breakfast sandwich. Needless to say it isn't out of the ordinary to have had 1000 calories before I even got to work in the mornings.

I now drink my coffee black and don't eat any muffins that I did not bake myself.