Help me to not kill my mother

Options
1235»

Replies

• Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Is it possible that we share the same mother?
    Well, except that my mother is awesome but the whole "I'm so disappointed in you" bit screams mother.

It's so bad that I had my fiance tell her I was pregnant (planned) instead of telling her myself.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely nothing helpful to contribute. My mother let my 19 year old boyfriend move in with us when I was 15. She's cooler than me, if I'm being honest.
    That's not cool. That's criminal.
    Not in the state of Tejas. So yea, still cool.
    Unless you were a virgin and remained one until you were 17 (assuming you were still wih him) then yes, even in Texas, it was still a crime. Your mother allowing it is called being an accessory and/or contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Tell her you need to know if he will wear the cowboy hat while you "test drive the merchandise" That should do it...

Oh wait, you wanted advice on how not to kill her? Can't help ya there. :flowerforyou:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MABYE u should tell her what u feel and give her a slap! and shout MUM STOP OKEY OR IMGONE FOREVER u Big****

Maybe you should text her the news and use a lot of slang and acronyms.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Well. Didn't expect this thread to go this far. Yikes:)

I'm going to tell her. I have to tell her. I have to get rid of some furniture that she's passed on to me so I need to see what she wants me to do with it. Perhaps I'm being a little too lenient towards my mother given my age, but I respect her and the sacrifices that she made for me being a single parent.

But I'm going to do what I want to do and that's christen every single surface in my new house with my boyfriend.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

But I'm going to do what I want to do and that's christen every single surface in my new house with my boyfriend.

Riiiiight..... cause you haven't done THAT yet *snort*
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Riiiiight..... cause you haven't done THAT yet *snort*

Definitely not in the keg room yet. YEEEEEAH buddy!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with a PITA mother as well...

what is a PITA mother? not familiar...............

PITA is an acronym for Pain In The *kitten* :/
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Well.... If that boyfriend ever turns out to be the scarriest you ever met.... You might NOTwant to kill your Mom..... Not saying your boyfriend is scarey... But sometimes you never know. It's usually after they get your trust, and isolate you from your friends and family... Never thought it would happen to me. I'm pretty headstrong.. But I remember saying and thinking the same thing as you..... before I learned the real truth about who this guy was.... He turned out to be satans brother... That was 1996 - 1999..... Good thing my caring mother was still there for me. Sometimes Moms worry for good reasons. Sometimes they can see, what our lovestruck selves can't.

Of course that is the VERY worst case senerio... And I hope its nothing like that for you... Good Luck... And don't kill your mom okay. She only means well. Thats her way of caring about you.

Peace Out... :smile:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    k065gk.jpg

PS.... This is the kind of guy you don't want to move in with... One that DOES NOT sleep with this by his bed. Just Saying...
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    My girl still hasn't told her parents we're living together. Old school Puerto Rican family. I, personally enjoy both of my legs intact so her not sharing that detail of our relationship is fine with me haha!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely nothing helpful to contribute. My mother let my 19 year old boyfriend move in with us when I was 15. She's cooler than me, if I'm being honest.
    That's not cool. That's criminal.
    Not in the state of Tejas. So yea, still cool.
    Unless you were a virgin and remained one until you were 17 (assuming you were still wih him) then yes, even in Texas, it was still a crime. Your mother allowing it is called being an accessory and/or contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

oh well, its been too long to prosecute her by grand MFP jury, so... moving along

Cheers to cool moms!
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Listen to your mom and don't move in. That's good advice from your mother
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Tell her your pregnant. Then when she flips out say "Just kidding...we're just moving in together."
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    ffjrodas wrote: »
    Listen to your mom and don't move in. That's good advice from your mother

How did you even find this thread?!