Life on Mars

Options
Fit4_Life
Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
Knowing that there is "Earth 2" but WAY out there in space. If there were oxygen in Mars, would you transfer to Mars if you could? I heard a rumor that scientist are working on getting oxygen to Mars. Just out of curiosity, would you go?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Maybe they should be working on curing cancer or idiotism. Something useful.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    What Corn said. Let's attempt to perfect our planet prior to invading others.
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    Actually, the do have cures for cancer medication in another country. U.S. does not want their medication sent here, because they are making money by experimenting on people here in the U.S.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Oh, or making Pokemon real.
    -wtk
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Is she for real???
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Actually, the do have cures for cancer medication in another country. U.S. does not want their medication sent here, because they are making money by experimenting on people here in the U.S.

You're pretty.
  • Fit4_Life
    Options

You're pretty.

Lol. Thanks Corn63 :blushing:
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    Well firstly,there is nothing wrong with EARTH.So when you say perfect "our" planet (lol),you really mean,focus on ways to make humanity survive longer.

earth,the planet,will survive,with or without humans.Earth is already "perfect" in that sense.

There is also a theory that meteors from mars containing microbes,may have kick started life on earth.Its all about discovery and understanding the environment with live in (that includes space),how someone can think that is not useful,is beyond me.

and who wouldn't want to know if an asteroid was heading towards earth,that they are currently working on deflecting?Can't remember what the predicted impact date was,but I think it was some 20-30years time.

to answer the original question,I wouldn't want to be in the first group of people to live on mars.Maybe third generation.
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    Well firstly,there is nothing wrong with EARTH.So when you say perfect "our" planet (lol),you really mean,focus on ways to make humanity survive longer.

earth,the planet,will survive,with or without humans.Earth is already "perfect" in that sense.

There is also a theory that meteors from mars containing microbes,may have kick started life on earth.Its all about discovery and understanding the environment with live in (that includes space),how someone can think that is not useful,is beyond me.

and who wouldn't want to know if an asteroid was heading towards earth,that they are currently working on deflecting?Can't remember what the predicted impact date was,but I think it was some 20-30years time.

to answer the original question,I wouldn't want to be in the first group of people to live on mars.Maybe third generation.

And you absolutely correct. The Earth is perfect. It's the people who make it look ugly with junk and garbage laying in their yard or field.
    Yes, they did predict the impact..but isn't it past due? I remember hearing this as a kid. Gawd, I feel old! HA!
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    no its was from a fairly recent neil degrasse talk. so its yet to hit earth.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Based on the pictures so far, Life on Mars appears to be Nevada pre Las Vegas
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    There's always some meteor that's "on a collision course with Earth". They always "narrowly" miss us by tens of thousands of miles.

Anyway, everyone who's a true Arnold fan knows that Mars already has the possibility of oxygen and an atmosphere, we just have to activate the alien reactor core.

But in answer to the question, I wouldn't want to live on Mars. It's a pretty ugly place.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I love Lone_Wolf's point of view.

No big river to steal water from on Mars, either.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    kuato18.jpg
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    I've seen Total Recall, heck yeah I would go. lol
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sailors fighting in the dance hall
    Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
    It's the freakiest show
    Take a look at the Lawman
    Beating up the wrong guy
    Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
    He's in the best selling show
    Is there life on Mars?
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's beyond me how people thing petty things are more important than science.
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We should definitely expand human civilization to mars. That is progress. There isn't just some group of scientists who can only be allocated for certain tasks. Plenty of pharma companies and universities are looking for cures to various diseases for various motives. I don't think the rocket scientists, astrophysicists, or materials scientists will be needed for the search for cancer. In fact, space research could lead to advances in nanotechnology that could replace our own immune systems where they fail, similar to how contacts or glasses augment less than optimal sight.
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It was only a couple hundred years ago when people were stupid for wanting to explore this planet.