Huh?

Options
124»

Replies

• 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    Pretty much 95% of the people on here piss me off with their stupid comments. I hate the self portraits too or the *kitten* with their ab pics with their iphone in the bathroom mirror. Grow up, are you 16?
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You know what I hate? When someone posts in a thread to just add 'this' and include a quote from someone who seems to know what there talking about, or at least sounds like they do. What real value does posting 'this' add to the thread in general? I'm doing a grumpy blog tonight. Why? Because I want to, that's why! Ha!
    ^^^^^This

I was expecting that one ;-) I had a little bet in my head it would happen. I just won a fiver from myself. yay!
  • rtell
    rtell Posts: 27
    Options
    Seriously, though . . .

From a sampling perspective (I teach statistics) there are a way more people on here who have unhealthy than healthy eating and exercise habits because more people start to try to lose weight or get in shape than actually stick with it.

I am willing to bet that for every 100 people who start to use MFP, 20 last a week, 5 lasts a month, and 1 keeps going. Most activities are like that.

So you get the hard core exercise people, a group of hardcore calorie counters who may or may not have good eating habits, and a lot of people who want to change but don't stick with it or don't stick with this site because it doesn't work for them.

Plus people who want to lose, don't quit, but don't follow a consistent plan.

Net results is a lot of people asking the same questions over and over. But they still need answers.

I don't teach statistics, but out of your sample of 100 you only seem to have accounted for 26??
  • jesz124
    Options
    Pretty much 95% of the people on here piss me off with their stupid comments. I hate the self portraits too or the *kitten* with their ab pics with their iphone in the bathroom mirror. Grow up, are you 16?

I just had a mini rant about that very subject. Faces I like, they are interesting. Head less bodies arn't really that special...
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I read until bacon
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    and bacon gets a 10

turkey bacon gets a 6

chicken bacon doesn't even get in my belly
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Lol, You mad?

Yeah, you mad .

On fitness site, criticise fit looking people.

Ok.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You know what I hate? When someone posts in a thread to just add 'this' and include a quote from someone who seems to know what there talking about, or at least sounds like they do. What real value does posting 'this' add to the thread in general? I'm doing a grumpy blog tonight. Why? Because I want to, that's why! Ha!
    ^^^^^This

I was expecting that one ;-) I had a little bet in my head it would happen. I just won a fiver from myself. yay!

It was rigged.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have noticed lately the threads have been less about fitness/nutrition and more about politics, chick-fil-a, perverted *kitten* or freaky looking animals.... what's the deal.... can we get back to the point of this site?
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    well, there is a chit-chat board. and that's where chit-chat should stay. I like it, but not everyone does
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sick of the "How attractive is the person above?" threads. :sick:

^^this. ugg!

21643952.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^This

It was rigged.

^^^^^THIS!!!! So true!

(oh, and I am a calorie counter w/ poorer food choices....and some people do have to eat more to lose more, I had to increase my calories from 1240 to 1480 before I finally got off my 3 month plateau, but not everyone has to eat more...depends on the person)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I just had a mini rant about that very subject. Faces I like, they are interesting. Head less bodies arn't really that special...

Well gee after 48 and 36 post respectively, you have little investment and can easily go find some other forum that would be more to liking. I can assure you, you will not be missed.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Lol, You mad?

Yeah, you mad .

On fitness site, criticise fit looking people.

Ok.

Nah bro, I'm not mad, just stating the obvious. I do not need to take pics of myself to post to total strangers on a website to feel good about myself.

I'm glad you're proud of yourself and whatnot, but stop being a little b***h and wait till you at least have some definition before posting pics of yourself acting all hard.

Now....you mad bro?

Physique call outs from someone hiding behind a picture of someone else are a sure sign of superior maturity. :noway:
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree too. It is so high school mentality and as my daughter often says "Attention whoring." I don't bother to read them but I guess it's different strokes for different folks huh.:yawn:
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sick of the "How attractive is the person above?" threads. :sick:

Agreed! SOOO sick of that one!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Wareeagle, you have beautiful biceps! Pretty much my goal right there.

/thread derail
  • jesz124
    Options

Well gee after 48 and 36 post respectively, you have little investment and can easily go find some other forum that would be more to liking. I can assure you, you will not be missed.

Keyboard warrior. I rate you a 2.