Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I recently turned 50 and would agree that loosing weight after 40 is difficult. I have been a member of this site for over a year and have been guilty of falling off the wagon. If want to friend me no problem, I like to give and receive support!
  • madams1967
    madams1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Monica & I am 45 & yes our weight loss issue's are much different the older we get. SO much harder!!
  • alimarieban
    Options
    41 here.... Feel free to add. :-)
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i just turned 58 in july ... and have lost 38 lbs in 3 months ... because my wonderful 23 year old daughter who is also on here (although I wish I weighed as little as she does) told me about this site ... it's been awesome for me ...
  • maryofgrace
    Options
    Hi I am 55 and new to this site as of a few minutes ago. I would like to make friends as help others as well Thank you, maryofgrace :)
  • Urbanangelaine
    Options
    I am 49 and in a few days will be 50!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
  • Lucysandy2
    Lucysandy2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was 53 yesterday! (:
  • sksummers61
    sksummers61 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    51, been here for a little over a month, great site.

I started my program in February this year, down 30+lbs so far, feel great, wife says I look great as well.
  • Lucianna_D
    Lucianna_D Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    41 today.. Feel free to add me please.. I was just having this discussion with my workout partner who is in her 20's about how different losing weight is for me than her.. :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    14 pages!!! I love all you 'old' people!!! We face different challenges than the younger set. Sometimes I get frustrated seeing all these hot shot young people on the forums saying you should be doing this and that when they have no idea what it feels like to be in your 40's, 50's, 60's and beyond!! Don't get me wrong...I still work out hard and have no plans on quitting anytime soon!!!!! But it's nice to see people who you can relate with!!
  • LisaO1967
    Options
    I'm 45 and new to this today:)
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am in my 50's and you are welcome to add me. I joined MFP about 6 weeks ago and love it. It really helps me stay on track. I was using the Weight Watchers e-Tools and spending $20 a month. This is much more user friendly and I can see how many calories rather than just points. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    <~~~~ Hot 41-yr old here!!!! Woot Woot! :-)
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Yup... 42 here. Feel free to add me!! :D
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i turn 47 in september
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi There - I am 46 and you are absolutely right about weight loss being different. Add me!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    46 here and learning new things everyday!

Add me if you like :-)
  • traceywall
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am 53 and have just been on this site a short time. I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and am looking for friends and support in my weight loss journey as well. I will be your friend!:smile:
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    14 pages!!! I love all you 'old' people!!! We face different challenges than the younger set. Sometimes I get frustrated seeing all these hot shot young people on the forums saying you should be doing this and that when they have no idea what it feels like to be in your 40's, 50's, 60's and beyond!! Don't get me wrong...I still work out hard and have no plans on quitting anytime soon!!!!! But it's nice to see people who you can relate with!!

Love your "IT'S ALL ABOUT MODERATION NOT STARVATION!!!!!" inspirational quote on your home page!! You are spot on - we do need to deal with fitness and health differently than we did in out 20s -- but doing/eating what we want in moderation is key to long-term success. :drinker:
  • Nana920
    Nana920 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and kinda new to MFP. Need all the support I can get.